Having A Hard Time Finding A Job In Argentina

I would say the opposite, almost any place in the south have better salaries than Capital with very few extensions, and oil/energy/mining jobs are almost all the jobs you can have in the south, that and maybe electronic industry jobs or government jobs, i have many friends with and without degree that never left from the south and they are making what i would call stupid money, in the other side i came study and become an accountant in Buenos Aires and while I’m getting what i can say is a good salary in no way is even near to what my friends in Neuquén and Ushuaia are doing, in the other hand in the south you depend more on contacts to get jobs and that is not good if you don't have family there or someone to put you in.

Don't forget that in the South the cost of living is much higher, even though the salaries are much better...

really? a relatively junior manager makes 16 plus bonus at one of the big four....and these are the worst paying companies in argentina.
according to a recent survey, a "jefe" earns 17-25 ARS and a manager is currently making betweeen 18 and 35, depending on the industry....

A jefe is a manager?

I work at big 4, my local colleagues, junior managers (ie first cpl of years) make 16-18k (but thats gross). This year, they didnt get a bonus either (though its usually equivalent to 1-2 months salary). Plus, you have to take in to account that as an Argentine, here they generally have about 8-12 years experience as a junior manager. Canada, Australia (where I have worked) and also what I know of US, NZ etc etc its more like 5-7 years.

Re wages in the south, Lamarque is right from what I have seen at clients its generally higher, but thats mainly due to industry more than anything, its primarily O&G. Wages are usually going to be higher, its the same around the world as a rule.

The unfortunate thing here in Capital, there is heaps of young accounting/finance professionals, under 40 if you like. Many speak very good english. Often, the management positions that foreigners coming here looking for a local contract (ie at internationals, as CFOs, Controllers), are already taken by expats that are coming overseas. The next step down is usually taken by a local Argentine, which has stronger knowledge of the local scene.

Yes, there are plenty of jefe contables which make 20-25k, and would have anywhere from 12-15 years experience onwards. But, there are also plenty of people with that much experience, stuck around analyst level.

The OP obviously has an impressive CV and given she is a native spanish speaker plus speaks english are obviously massive benefits, but even in Capital its not a great market, internationals are really tightening the belt as are local companies and without any local experience it would be tough I imagine. Contacts are definitely the key.

Back