Heading to US, need to buy dollars ASAP!

mcaffa

Registered
So here's the deal...tomorrow night my little brother heads back to US. He needs to buy back dollars so he'll have a little travel money. But how? He has an expired tourist visa and no receipts showing that he exchanged dollars for pesos during his nine month stay. I know that all banks will turn him away, as will most exchange houses. I also know that the black market is an option but I haven't a clue where to go and he doesn't really have a lot of time to be running around the city.

Anyone know if the bank or exchange house at Ezeiza allow travelers to buy dollars if you show your plane ticket and passport? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Two options (other than finding black market dollars)

1) Take ARS and exchange them when he arrives (yes he'll pay a premium to exchange at airport there)

2) Use his ATM card when he arrives and withdraw USD as usual

Or is his problem that he's been earning cash in pesos this whole time and doesn't have any USD in a bank acct at all? If so, he's going to have to buy them illegally, or hope that at Ezeiza they'll take them. If he leaves it til then and they don't have them, he'll have to find an exchange house when he arrives in USA.

syngirl said:
Or is his problem that he's been earning cash in pesos this whole time and doesn't have any USD in a bank acct at all?

This is exactly the case. He spent all the money he had in his US account and has been earning pesos here for the past several months.

He has a layover in Dallas so, if all else fails, hopefully they'll exchange the pesos for dollars.

mcaffa said:
This is exactly the case. He spent all the money he had in his US account and has been earning pesos here for the past several months.

He has a layover in Dallas so, if all else fails, hopefully they'll exchange the pesos for dollars.

How many usd does he need to get ( u can PM me if you do not want to post in public )

Hello, I have just been reading your thread and as the amount is not much, I could help you as I have some USD to sell. I can also tell you where to exchange them in Palermo.

silpe said:
Hello, I have just been reading your thread and as the amount is not much, I could help you as I have some USD to sell. I can also tell you where to exchange them in Palermo.

I am interested but due to your current settings, I can't PM you.

Go to the Western Union on Azcuenaga between Santa Fe and Marcelo T. de Alvear. They don't ask for any documentation.

Back