Heads up on a (probable) apartment scam

French jurist said:
The more you think about it, the more it's interesting.

shopfront.jpg

There are blatant spelling mistakes (non native, English speaking).

If they send the keys, they have to be in BA
(therefore it's very likely an Argentinean behind the site : hence the spelling mistakes).

....this one is... interesting

:eek: Florencia? :confused:

Supposedely the company has 14 years of existence and they opened a website in dec. 2010. December 2010 : another odd aspect :p
"International Letting Limited is an independent Letting Agency based in London, United Kingdom founded fourteen years ago, "

Classic scam for any type of item-real estate, cars, etc..."OH, I'm actually overseas so you send me your contact information so I can send it to [some other company] and they will handle the contract/money/keys. If you don't like it, you have 15 days to get a refund."

French jurist said:
I don't recall if she owns an apartment on Pueyrredon, do you ? :D

She may but I can't recall either :D ...bad, bad girls...born predators to prey and screw unsuspected, candid, innocent, trustworthy expats and tourists or the casual argentinean that dare or had the misfortune to cross their path.

She's a femme fatale in every way (damn, I would perdon her anything if I was to meet her, lol). If that's her, she has "panache"!

The intlett website is a cut and paste job, using most of the HTML code from this website:
http://www.homeabroad.co.uk/

They haven't even bothered cleaning up the HTML, so you can find the website they copied it from fairly easily.

intlett.co.uk was apparently registered by Ben Kennedy, from Ancoa, Italy.
http://who.is/whois/intlett.co.uk/

I had my doubts about all this, but then I spoke to Ben and he struck me as a most trustworthy gentlemen. In fact, he offered to pay me a 10% commission if I helped him access the millions of euros his late grandfather left him. Apparently he just needs to transfer the money into my account, so I've given him all my bank details, and am now just waiting for the funds to clear...

I recently exchanged email with a rental agent. I was informed that they do not "show" short-term rentals. This means you see the pics and read the accompanying text (notice how with most of these ads at least 1/3 of the description has to do with how great some nearby attraction is?) on the web page and if you want it you send a deposit. I can't believe people are agreeing to this! Even if they say your deposit will be refunded if you don't like it, well, if you've been around at all you know there is always a reason for not returning your $$.
Never, ever, put down a deposit for a place you have not seen. But that's what all the agents want? Well, if no one gives in they won't get much business, will they?

to be fair, that's exactly how bytargentina work and they are, I think, the largest apartment agency in town. And have an excellent reputation. They do not do viewings and they also require pretty big down payment, even if you are abroad when you confirm.

Back