Health Insurance for 2 months in Argentina?

ckcurls

Registered
Hello, my husband and I will be traveling to BA at the beginning of April for a 2-month assignment for my job. My company is covering my insurance needs, but we need to do something for my husband. I don't even know where to start!!! Help!

Doe he have insurance now assuming you are from the U.S. Most plans will cover you out of the country during vacations short trips (2 months would qualify in my opinion). If not you could buy some temporary travel type insurance, covers any emergencies that might come up during the trip. It's not expensive, for 2 months I think it would cost you less than $200.

Here's a website that offers this type of coverage at reasonable rates.

http://www.worldtravelcenter.com/eng/information/cm_category_products.cfm?sCategory=im

or get something like Assist Card ( travelers insurance )

Try swiss medical. I had a family member visit me for a month and swiss m covered them which was fortunate as they had an incident and needed urgent attention.

I just asked a doctor today in BA about health insurance plans in Argentina. He gave me the name of 4 companies. I don't know a thing about them as I have not investigated but you can likely google them to get info: Galeno, Suizo Argentina, OSDE, and Medicus. (But info may in Spanish language ...)

Hi
If you still need some info about medical insurance in Argentina feel free to contact me. OSDE and Medicus are definitely the best ones to consider.

Laly:D

I know the people who are recommending the local health plans in Argentina mean well. But if you are only going to be there 2 months this probably isn't the way to go. I believe some have waiting periods before parts of the coverage would kick in (not what you need for a short trip). I remember on Swiss Medical there was a 30 day waiting period on some things and 90 on others. I would stick with your home plan or buy a travel type plan that covers emergency situations. If you are going to spend the money on insurance you should get full coverage from day one of your trip.

I will be living here for the next 5 months and would like to purchase insurance for both primary care and emergencies. Any recommendations? I thought that I needed a DNI for OSDE so I have not purchased. Does anyone know who I can talk to about waiting periods, coverage, cost, etc.?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

epl said:
I will be living here for the next 5 months and would like to purchase insurance for both primary care and emergencies. Any recommendations? I thought that I needed a DNI for OSDE so I have not purchased. Does anyone know who I can talk to about waiting periods, coverage, cost, etc.?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

GO to any of their commercial offices and they will give you all the information. You do not need a DNI

Back