Health insurance for a pregnant woman?

arvest

Registered
Anybody know if you can buy health insurance after you're pregnant and still have the birth and other checkups covered? Or is it all going to be out of pocket?

Anybody know if you can buy health insurance after you're pregnant and still have the birth and other checkups covered? Or is it all going to be out of pocket?
I was checking few years ago, and couldn't find possibility, it's preexisting condition obviously. I found other solution then, so I didn't go too deep, but is quite logical why it's exempt.

I was checking few years ago, and couldn't find possibility, it's preexisting condition obviously. I found other solution then, so I didn't go too deep, but is quite logical why it's exempt.
I read that some people have backpaid for insurance for the months prior to when they signed up. So that way they were technically insured prior to becoming pregnant. So if you signed up in month 4 of pregnancy, you'd backpay 4 months as a lump sum and then continue as normal from there. How did you end up going about things?

I read that some people have backpaid for insurance for the months prior to when they signed up. So that way they were technically insured prior to becoming pregnant. So if you signed up in month 4 of pregnancy, you'd backpay 4 months as a lump sum and then continue as normal from there. How did you end up going about things?
Hospital Aleman used to do it, you may want to go and see if it can be done.

I heard similar, but didn't find any info, and osde declined. Health insurance from country where we were insured at that time repaid most of expenses.

Back