Health Insurance prices in Argentina

PS: Also in the requisites, those elegible for PAUM must be Argentine or naturalized with ten years of citizenship or 20 years as a permanent resident?
Ser argentino o naturalizado con 10 años de residencia en el país (anteriores a la solicitud), o extranjero con una residencia mínima de 20 años.

Based on this, a total of 20 years of residency (temporary and permanent combined) should be adequate for non-citizens. I don't think it has to be all permanent residency.

Personally I think is it a mistake to NOT pay Part B even if the US citizen is living abroad. Situations change and you may want or need to return to the US. If you don't take out Part B at time of enrollment I don't think you can get back into it. I think it's a safety valve that should not be discarded but each person has their own perspective.
US healthcare system

We have Swiss Medical. My husband and I are on different plans. My son (5) and I (41) together pay around AR34,000 and my husband (over 50) pays around the same. When the dollar spikes we get a letter saying that there will be a price jump as well. My husband has had his plan for a while, but my son and I have switched over from our US one and started at 25,000 around March 2022.

Rates just rose 40,8% due to deregulation and devaluation.

I'll get my bill for January from Hospital Italiano soon. Should be interesting.
I think I know which direction that's going...

I have a friend in hospital (not Italian) with broken bones after a fall and needing a hip replacement. The supplier wanted the surgeon to delay the operation so they could sell the replacement hip next Monday. They wouldn't do that of course but you see the direction of travel.

Back