Health Insurance prices in Argentina

It has exploded over the past year and of course not helped by my age. The government used to keep a tight rein on the health insurance companies, but no more. They have allowed big increases over the past year. If you check the monthly inflation stats health insurance has been near the top every month.
If you enrolled before 2018 and they are increasing your monthly when you fall in a different age gap, it is not legal. That became legal after 2018. You need to file an administrative complaint with Superintendencia de Salud, take about a year, and they will adjust and credit all the money they should have not charged.

Note that before you turn 70 you can enroll in monotributo and have an Obra Social that cover everything for less than 5000$ pesos a month. There are ways, but you need to know how to navigate the system.

If you enrolled before 2018 and they are increasing your monthly when you fall in a different age gap, it is not legal. That became legal after 2018. You need to file an administrative complaint with Superintendencia de Salud, take about a year, and they will adjust and credit all the money they should have not charged.
Thanks Nikad! I enrolled in 2019 so out of luck but good to know anyway.

I doubt private health insurance will accept anyone 65 or older
I asked and was told that there is a national law that includes health coverage for people of all ages, it is mandatory and they can't turn you down; however, the older you are, the more expensive it gets to get in. Hospital Aleman does not have a health plan for new people who are over 60 but there are plenty of other places that do. My mother got her coverage at 70 in another network a long time ago.

I asked and was told that there is a national law that includes health coverage for people of all ages, it is mandatory and they can't turn you down; however, the older you are, the more expensive it gets to get in. Hospital Aleman does not have a health plan for new people who are over 60 but there are plenty of other places that do. My mother got her coverage at 70 in another network a long time ago.

There many National Laws that are ignored widely . One can take to court the Health provider to all the way to the Supreme Court Good luck..! if you survive the Court Decision..! I searched for years for an affordable plan.

In Argentina the health system has three sectors that are: public health, social security and private. The private sector basically aims to profit. The other two aim at caring for your health. The public sector is mainly used by poor people that are unemployed. Social security sector is financed by workers and it is for workers. This last one is the friendliest and offers the widest coverage. It cannot refuse anyone based on pre existing conditions or age, and it always costs the same % based on income. Age,etc do not have an influence. You can access by becoming a registered worker or self employed enrolled into monotributo.

In Argentina the health system has three sectors that are: public health, social security and private. The private sector basically aims to profit. The other two aim at caring for your health. The public sector is mainly used by poor people that are unemployed. Social security sector is financed by workers and it is for workers. This last one is the friendliest and offers the widest coverage. It cannot refuse anyone based on pre existing conditions or age, and it always costs the same % based on income. Age,etc do not have an influence. You can access by becoming a registered worker or self employed enrolled into monotributo.
That's really interesting. So if you register as a Monotributo you can join some sort of cobra social? DO you get to choose or is one assigned to you?

That's really interesting. So if you register as a Monotributo you can join some sort of cobra social? DO you get to choose or is one assigned to you?
Yes, that is correct and you get to choose your obra social. The best are Osecac,Ospoce and Union Personal. You must have not met age for retirement.

Yes, that is correct and you get to choose your obra social. The best are Osecac,Ospoce and Union Personal. You must have not met age for retirement.
What is deemed the age of retirement? And if you have reached that age, then you are NOT qualified for any coverage? I'm confused!

What is deemed the age of retirement? And if you have reached that age, then you are NOT qualified for any coverage? I'm confused!
60 yo for women 65 for men ( roughly as there are exceptions). If you meet the requiremrnts to retire or get Puam pension, you must retire. If you do not meet the requirements you can keep working on your own as self employed ( monotributo ). Retirees and pensioneers get Pami ( similar to Medicare ).

Back