Health Insurance / Visa

Bajo_cero: Could you be more specific about the new health insurance law? Not sure where to look for details. Thanks.

Edit regarding age: The existing law prevents providers from increasing premiums to those over 65 because of age if they have been in the plan for 10 years. As I previously posted, Medicus charges the same rate regardless of age, up to age 70.

Miles Johnson said:
Thx Steve. Regarding the visa: if it's only tolerated means, that they could make some troubles after the second or latest 3rd time?
I have heard rumours about it, but with 58 stamps I have never had any real problems at reentry, only twice a question of what I was doing in Argentina (told them I was a pensioner, travelling in South America - got stamp).

what is the new law about medical insurance ?

does it relate to pre-existing conditions ?

i have heard from an argentinian friend recently that insurance companies can no longer exclude people with pre-existing conditions , even HIV .......

does anyone have any information about this ?

I understand every word of that legislation and yet I haven't the foggiest idea what it is trying to say! What is the change?

andrecito said:
what is the new law about medical insurance ?

does it relate to pre-existing conditions ?

i have heard from an argentinian friend recently that insurance companies can no longer exclude people with pre-existing conditions , even HIV .......

does anyone have any information about this ?

The 2 new decrees what they do is to expand the law including obras sociales.

The answer to your question is in law 26.682:

Artículo 10: Carencias y Declaración Jurada.
Los contratos entre los sujetos comprendidos en el Artículo 1 de la presente ley y los usuarios no pueden incluir períodos de carencia o espera para todas aquellas prestaciones que se encuentran incluidas en el Programa Médico Obligatorio. Las otras modalidades prestacionales y los tiempos previstos en el contrato como período de carencia deben estar suficientemente explicitados en el contrato y aprobados por la Autoridad de Aplicación. Las enfermedades preexistentes solamente pueden establecerse a partir de la declaración jurada del usuario y no pueden ser criterio del rechazo de admisión de los usuarios. La Autoridad de Aplicación autorizará valores diferenciales debidamente justificados para la admisión de usuarios que presenten enfermedades preexistentes, de acuerdo a lo que establezca la reglamentación.
The decree says that the cost of the service cannot be higher than a 300 per cent of the basic plan.

Regarding aids, it s true: Ley 23.798 (aids act) plus the article I just quote.

Regards

Back