Health Insurance / Visa

Miles Johnson

Registered
Hi
In February I will move to BsAs due to job reasons. I will work on my own and for at least the first year I want to live under the radar. Two questions:

1. How often I can exit the country and renew the tourist-visa?
2. How can I organise a decent health insurance (private, publice)? Prices? Problems?

Does anyone have any experience, specially with point two?

Thanks

Miles Johnson said:
1. How often I can exit the country and renew the tourist-visa?
2. How can I organise a decent health insurance (private, publice)? Prices? Problems?

1.The answer to the exact question you asked is never (technically it cannot be renewed, just extrended once at migraciones).

If you go to Colonia you will get a new tourist visa. This practice is not legal but it is still tolerated.

2. You can get full (private) coverage with MEDICUS for about $650 PESOS PER MONTH if you enroll in the expat group plan. A cheaper plan is available but you must go to the Medicus clinics for all proceedures. All other private health care provides charge more.

I cannot provide the link here, but I will send you a PM with contact information.

Public health care is free but nowhere near equal to private plans. You can receive treatment at a public climic/hospital even if your tourist visa has expired.

Steve thanks i also am interested in moving and need info on health insurance
i was quotes U$S 350 or so for a plan. Could you pm me the info regarding medicus thanks

Thx Steve. Regarding the visa: if it's only tolerated means, that they could make some troubles after the second or latest 3rd time?

My U.S.A. (EEUU) passport and I have been living in the Capital Federal for well over 8 years. I have left within the 90 day time limit dozens of times. I went to Colonia once. I never had a problem leaving or entering Argentina at EZE.
Oesde, Medicus, Swiss Medical, the British, German and Italian Hospitals , among others, offer different plans for different rates. Your age matters. Shop around.

Miles Johnson said:
Thx Steve. Regarding the visa: if it's only tolerated means, that they could make some troubles after the second or latest 3rd time?

They could but they haven't done so yet.

There are only a few reasons to have a "vaild" tourist visa...such as renting a car, driving legally with a foreign license, renting a hotel room, and changing currency.

After you are here for a year you can start the citizenship process, even with an expired tourist visa.

fred mertz said:
Oesde, Medicus, Swiss Medical, the British, German and Italian Hospitals , among others, offer different plans for different rates. Your age matters. Shop around.

Medicus charges the same rate, regardless of age.

fred mertz said:
My U.S.A. (EEUU) passport and I have been living in the Capital Federal for well over 8 years. I have left within the 90 day time limit dozens of times. I went to Colonia once. I never had a problem leaving or entering Argentina at EZE.

Fred,
No problem in EZE means you had to pay the over stay fine or were able to walk through without paying? Maybe I can save some money next time...

Brandon, It doesn't look like Fred siad he ever overstayed his visa. If you overstay the visa and leave via EZE you will pay the fee. A couple members have reported they were not charged when going to Colonia, but that seldom happens and is highly unlikely.

Once you overstay there really aren't many reasons to go to Colonia to get a new 90 day visa (see post #6).

There is a new law about medical insurance, I suggest you take a look at it.

Back