Health insurance -- where to find information?

sgarlow

Registered
Hello, I'm moving to BsAs in September and am trying to research health insurance. I've been looking around on the forum, and see people mentioning CEMIC, OSDE, Swiss Medical, and Medicus but am having trouble getting much information on them/finding how much they cost. Does anyone have advice about this? Gracias.

i recomend OSDE, i been using it alot lately, and never a problem

I imagine costs may vary according to your age and health.

I have OSDE and am happy with it.

I would add OMINT, one of the best and does not lock you into one private clinic.

I´ve got medicus and have been quite happy with them. Although they did just raise my rates by 15%. I´m assuming the same happened with all others as it was a pretty big news event.

I also have OSDE and recommend it, as it's one of the best programs available here. That said, it is also one of the more expensive, so if you're 36 or older I'd recommend checking into the other plans as there are some seriously diminishing returns.

For what it's worth, I think that the rate for 25-35 jumps from $823/mo (current rate, recently raised 15%) to upwards of $1300.

cheers!

MizzMarr said:
I also have OSDE and recommend it, as it's one of the best programs available here. That said, it is also one of the more expensive, so if you're 36 or older I'd recommend checking into the other plans as there are some seriously diminishing returns.

For what it's worth, I think that the rate for 25-35 jumps from $823/mo (current rate, recently raised 15%) to upwards of $1300.

cheers!

Not sure what the costs are for 25-35 years old. A friend has the cheapest OMINT plan and is 38 yrs old. Pays a very reasonable rate but the plan is quite limited in terms of doctors. A comprehensive plan with the same insurer is a good deal more and if you are older it will be around $1,200 pesos or more. I am certain that all the companies have raised prices and may do so again in 6 months.

With Medicus (being 26 years old) I'm going to be paying $575 pesos. I've never paid a co-pay and they have 40% off for prescriptions. I've had CT scans, blood drawn, whatever you want! So a little cheaper than the rest and really great coverage!

Back