Hear All About It! Massa Won,

Government may well lose its congressional majority as some FpVers abandon ship. The front page of this morning's Herald has charts of congressional composition at http://www.buenosairesherald.com, and the FpV shows barely enough for a quorum in either house.

Quorum is 129 seats in the lower house, government holds 132. They still hold a majority and are comfortably the largest bloc.

The opposition should confront reality rather than optimistic spin, in terms of seats to be won the swing required is massive, achievable but massive.

I don't believe that we will see immiment departures from the FpV fold, who do you believe will go?

Government may well lose its congressional majority as some FpVers abandon ship. The front page of this morning's Herald has charts of congressional composition at http://www.buenosairesherald.com, and the FpV shows barely enough for a quorum in either house.

They have 2 years before the next elections, their seats are far more valuable and useful to them as members and allies of the majority bloc, I just don't see why they would jump now. There will be talking behind the scenes but why would they just give up the leverage this allows them now? There seems to be a lot of opinion muddied by wishful thinking on this forum. Not much different to the papers really.

It's wishful thinking that gets us through the day living in this madhouse.

Atomization of the opposition has almost always benefited Peronism but, in the last two years of any Argentine government, changes are often cataclysmic. I wouldn't rule out anything except a military coup.

It's wishful thinking that gets us through the day living in this madhouse.
OK, I've got one for you, what actually is going to happen is all the gremialistas, punteros, barras, caudillos, narcos, provincial feudal overlords, jefes de policia and their ravenous patotas of extorsionistas, gnocchis and guns for hire are going to see the writing on the wall,extract their bloody fangs from the republic and fly away to ruin Chile leaving all the honest politicians who are going to come to power in the next elections free to rule unhindered.

Oh and angels will come to hose away the dog turds and turn the entire bonaerense into a chorus of smurfs singing 'Goodness makes the badness go away...'

Hope that helps get you through the day.

Atomization of the opposition has almost always benefited Peronism but, in the last two years of any Argentine government, changes are often cataclysmic. I wouldn't rule out anything except a military coup.

What we are seeing is the splitting of peronismo into 2 significant forces...FV vs FpV, arguably some might even vote UNEN, although they are more of a leftist coalition, a fairly broad church.

I expect the drama to include a potential change of leader in FpV and for the Massa v Macri fight to get nasty.

OK, I've got one for you, what actually is going to happen is all the gremialistas, punteros, barras, caudillos, narcos, provincial feudal overlords, jefes de policia and their ravenous patotas of extorsionistas, gnocchis and guns for hire are going to see the writing on the wall,extract their bloody fangs from the republic and fly away to ruin Chile leaving all the honest politicians who are going to come to power in the next elections free to rule unhindered.

Oh and angels will come to hose away the dog turds and turn the entire bonarense into a chorus of smurfs singing 'Goodness makes the badness go away...'

Hope that helps get you through the day.

Everyone in Buenos Aires will ride bicycles and the Riachuelo will overflow with fish. The city's rubbish will mysteriously disappear overnight and the barrabravas will disband and form independent cranberry farm collectives in order to allow the good people of BA to be able to drink Cosmopolitans on their sainted balconies.

Serious point. If Argentina win the World Cup (quite possible), there will be a serious feel good factor bounce for the govt and an insane scrabble to be seen with a winning football player. If they lose badly and unexpectedly, we can all blame football para todos and the govt may flee in their 'copters.

Back