Hear All About It! Massa Won,

Well that was my other option, a benevolent dictator with extraordinary longevity.
benevolent !?! - with me in power, there'll be incessant prayers to get Dzenghis Khan, Timur Lenk, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, or some other really nice guy to run the shop.

In spite of what you all say, I still believe there's now light at the end of the tunnel.
This is a turning point of sorts.
Look at the scene.
The president is out of action and none of us know if she will get back in the saddle or even when.
Most of the government are discredited in one way or another, they've cocked up every which way and left a royal mess to sort out, which will only be worse in 2015.
I know it's going to be hard and there are so many unknowns, but it's certainly writing on the wall time for the KKK's.

I get the impression that as the economy worsens, inflation rises and the crime/corruption levels go up, any Peronista politician who's been associated with the K regime will loose a lot of their prestige in 2015 elections. In a year's time, even if Massa appears to be a popular vote now, the public will be so much more disenchanted & angry. Massa's old links to the Ks & Peronism will come back to haunt him. The move away from Cristina at the 11th hour, may have worked for now while everything is still half held together economically, but when the mierda hits fan and the dark clouds abound the Argentine public will begin to perceive the hard reality more clearly, that the peronist economic model has failed yet again & that Argentina is economically last in South America. There is the possibility of an unexpected political moment in history. Maybe the Peronists & their quick fix populism will loose a lot more luster by the time the 2015 elections arrive.

Aside from inflation, the economic time bomb that's silently ticking away is not on the forefront of the voter's mind right now. Most likely, as the results of the past ten years of corruption take full effect on the economy, Macri & Carrio will be more & more in center stage as presidential options.

I put my money on Macri as president for 2015.

Ideally, a coalition between Carrio & Macri is what I would hope for, but I doubt it can come to be though.
Some how the Argentine public will have to learn to swallow the bitter pill, there are no quick solutions to 60 + years of cheap Peronist Populism & entrenched Corruption. Hard decisions will need to be taken sooner or later.

Back