hello all

dutara

Registered
I am a retired gringo expat, solo male, been living this way for nearly ten years. I live in countries that I can afford and be comfortable in (which, unfortunately, eliminates much of the world). Just spent 5 years in SE Asia, flew from Kuala Lumpur to BA via Cape Town (where I spent over a week) -- yeah, the two (app.) 12-hour flights were painful, but not as bad as doing the whole run in one go.

I've spent a few summers in BA in the past, and plan to be in the city for a few months after xmas, maybe longer, and maybe into the hinterland when high season is over. I'll be looking for a rental/sub-let.

In the meantime I'm on the coast in Uruguay, deserted town with sort of a New England feel; it'll be completely different when the hordes descend after xmas.

I'm picky about coffee, so I'm always eager to hear of good grinds (and good prices) in BA.

You sound like us, dutara. We moved here from Johor, just over the Singapore border. Retired and lived in s.e. asia for 10 years moving around on our boat. We are in a short term rental in the center of BA. I am also picky about coffee.
When you get back over here we should meet up. I am looking for a good and honest dentist. If you have been here before maybe you might have some info you could share with me.
Sounds like you might be in Punta del Este.

Back