Hello And Good Bye Ba! Back To Ny

MNievas

Registered
Hi Everyone!

My name is Maria. I lived in NY for the past 7 years and came to BA to have my baby.
That's done now...and I'm ready to go back. I just haven't adjusted to the argentine lifestyle, it's like the whole world conspired against me and my family.
The first week when we moved in some guys broke into the building on a Saturday night and the robbed one of the apartments, on the same week a woman was intercepted when she walked out of the elevator walking into her apartment...
Since then, even throwing out the garbage is a nightmare an I have to always walk to the hallway with my pepperspray handy...

Eitherway...I'm happy for those of you enjoying this great city...I know there are great things out there, but being a new mom doesn't let me enjoy the life here...

Maria.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Maria. I lived in NY for the past 7 years and came to BA to have my baby.
That's done now...and I'm ready to go back. I just haven't adjusted to the argentine lifestyle, it's like the whole world conspired against me and my family.
The first week when we moved in some guys broke into the building on a Saturday night and the robbed one of the apartments, on the same week a woman was intercepted when she walked out of the elevator walking into her apartment...
Since then, even throwing out the garbage is a nightmare an I have to always walk to the hallway with my pepperspray handy...

Eitherway...I'm happy for those of you enjoying this great city...I know there are great things out there, but being a new mom doesn't let me enjoy the life here...

Maria.

Are you Argentine Maria? Where in the city are you currently at?

Uhm to many doubts raise when i read this post, why to come to have a baby? where where you living in the city? ..........

Yeah its not safe. Sorry you didnt have a good experience, if you dont mind me asking though why did you select Buenos Aires as a birth place?

Anyway, hope you have a safe flight home.

Go pick up the NYPost today Maria by going to NYPost.com to see how your adopted town does with robberies and violence daily. Good luck!

Wow...i'm so happy my user finally works. I tried unsuccessfully to post this 1 month ago and I think the website was down.
Well, yes, i was born in Argentina...raised mostly in Buenos Aires and then I went to live to NY...life there was good but as I got pregnant and all my family was in Baires I decided to have the baby here. I thought it made sense,,,well...it didn't ! lol

Those of you who think "why would she come here to give birth" remind me of the customs agent in NY...(i'm currently in the states for a short trip)...and he was like "why would you give birth in Argentina...most people come to the US..."...that's not nice to say...but still...the baby is American...otherwise I would have never done it!

Crime in Manhattan and where I used to live in Queens is NOTHING compared to what it is in any neighborhood in CABA...please!

Thank you all for your warm replies...

Maria :)

Maria - where in CABA did you live? Where did all these building break-ins happen?

I'm not surprised by Maria's story, but surprised so many of you are surprised! Most people I know have experienced a break-in in the apartment block where they live. I've had the armed robbery experience too at 9 months pregnant and with toddler in tow! Our architect was tied up for 2 hours while his Palermo apt was ransacked. Even Moreno's apt block was raided within the last year, hence the constant police presence outside his door...

Back