Hello From A Wannabe Expat

I have a mental image of how panaderias must make their products here.

They start with a giant piece of sandwich bread stock and then send it through a CNC machine which mills it into different shapes before it goes into an oven and is then covered in syrup and/or injected with dulce de leche
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OddsPiuX4g

I'm not saying that's how they make their products here, but when I saw your post related to a mental image - well, our girls showed this to me some time ago and it has stuck in my head...

La mano en la masa! Hehe.

By the way, Diegoro, you've probably seen some of my comments on the board related to Argentina if you've read a little bit here. Mostly related to the government and the school system which cause us and our girls no ends of issues :) Don't take mine, or others', comments wrong - I know I bitch about everything, no matter where I am! It's in the culture (or at least, in my family!) where I was raised to bring things that don't work, or injustices, etc, to light and living here and being used to other ways of doing things is sometimes hard for an old(er) fart like myself.

I know I blow off steam here, it being an expat forum, and normally would never say a fraction of the things I say on the forum directly to an Argentino as I don't consider myself a rude or (at least too much of) an arrogant person. As long as you don't take offense and understand the frame of reference in which I (and others) bitch about things, I think we'll get along just fine :)

Welcome to the forum!

ElQueso:

Thank you for your words and welcome. I appreciate your concern, but there is nothing to worry about, I haven't found (yet :) anything aggressive or rude in your comments or in the comments of others.
Now that you are bringing the subject to the table, I'm going to read all your post just to be sure :) (but just in case I changed my mind, I better wait until I press the post button ;))

Anyway, If I would ever want to read rude comments I'll check Infobae, La Nacion, etc. :)

Bitching and Ranting is part of our nature as human beings, and I think is the right thing to do when you feel that there are better ways to do things, to live, etc.
As I said before I can understand how difficult could it be living abroad. Hope this forum, and we -natives-, help to make life easier for everyone. We surely -as a whole- have a lot to learn.

Diego
PS:
I'm truly sorry you are having issues with the school system with your kids. That's a Shame! :(

By the way, Diegoro, you've probably seen some of my comments on the board related to Argentina if you've read a little bit here. Mostly related to the government and the school system which cause us and our girls no ends of issues :) Don't take mine, or others', comments wrong - I know I bitch about everything, no matter where I am! It's in the culture (or at least, in my family!) where I was raised to bring things that don't work, or injustices, etc, to light and living here and being used to other ways of doing things is sometimes hard for an old(er) fart like myself.

I know I blow off steam here, it being an expat forum, and normally would never say a fraction of the things I say on the forum directly to an Argentino as I don't consider myself a rude or (at least too much of) an arrogant person. As long as you don't take offense and understand the frame of reference in which I (and others) bitch about things, I think we'll get along just fine :)

Welcome to the forum!

Back