Hello, Hedde here

header

Registered
Still in The Netherlands, but seriously contemplating a possible 4 year move with the whole family (2 & 5 year old girls) to BA. Trying to get a feel for the place. Spend the last 30 minutes checking the forum and I must say it really puts me down. So much negativity. Is it really that bad, that's what I want to know. This might not be the right place, so I'll put in another thread. For now: nice to meet you all here. Looks like a might informative and lively place.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you can find all the information you need. Feel free to ask questions, I am sure that we can help you to make the right decision for you and your family.

header said:
So much negativity. Is it really that bad, that's what I want to know.

It's not. Depends on what you do, what you expect and how you deal with it.

Well, apart from those who say they are leaving, everybody else may moan about this or that but will probably have a very big, very important reason why they stay. But look: a four year commitment for you and your family to a place you've never visited before is pretty serious stuff - why not treat yourselves to a holiday? If you decide to come back after that then you can look at your vacation as having been the groundwork exercise; if you decide that BsAs is not for you then consider that trip to have been the best investment you and your family ever made.

I believe your husband has a thread going with the same questions. He is header. You should read his thread.

header said:
Still in The Netherlands, but seriously contemplating a possible 4 year move with the whole family (2 & 5 year old girls) to BA. Trying to get a feel for the place. Spend the last 30 minutes checking the forum and I must say it really puts me down. So much negativity. Is it really that bad, that's what I want to know. This might not be the right place, so I'll put in another thread. For now: nice to meet you all here. Looks like a might informative and lively place.

Back