Hello, needing advice

fvrconst said:
You can try to give a call to your embassy, they should have a list of the authorized translators.
I know. Translators can be searched at http://www.traductores.org.ar/. But I was wondering if anyone had one they could recommend from personal experience.

fvrconst said:
I have the same type and as far as I was told in this case translation isn't needed. Only with the other documents like police records, etc which generally is only in the native language.
Thank you. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Kayem said:
Hello. So, I’ve actually been reading these forums for awhile now but have never posted. I sort of have a dilemma and am hoping I can receive advice from those who have gone through the experience. To get right into it, I’m 25 years old and moved here with my boyfriend who is Argentine. I met him at work while living in Miami (he was on a work visa) and when he asked me to move back with him, I happily agreed. I currently have my FBI background check and birth certificate, both of which are apostilled. They will be translated shortly. My situation lies with which temporary residency to apply under. Technically, I don’t qualify under any category. I wouldn’t mind becoming a student but my Spanish still needs much improvement and right now, I am studying violin in hopes of one day meeting the audition requirements to study music education. I played sax and oboe prior but I believe my heart lies with strings. I don’t have any income from the United States so rentista is out of the question. And then there’s the most obvious solution, marriage. This is the option I would like to take but when discussing with my boyfriend; he didn’t like the idea of marriage simply for convenience. I don’t want to push him into the idea because I’d honestly like to know he married me because he wanted to.

I've actually been living here for about 7 or 8 months now and would like to apply before my 90-days are up. While I like Colonia, it does become expensive after awhile.

Thank you in advance for any insight you may provide,
Kari

Hi Kari - are you studying classical violin or tango violin? If tango violin, are you able to recommend your teacher? I'm looking to pick up the fiddle again and play some tango. Thanks!

Kayem said:
Thank you, I'll look up his posts. I wouldn't mind obtaining citizenship... like I said, I'm not going anywhere. I just don't want to jeopardize my US citizenship, simply because I have all of my family there. I'm a bit of a worrier so I'm hesitant not keeping my visa valid. I should note that I've applied for one extension while visiting San Luis, so I am in the system.

Getting Argentine citizenship will not jeopardize US citizenship.

In spite of the decreto in 2010 that gave migraciones agents "police" powers, having an expired visa in Argentina only means you have to pay a $300 peso fee upon departure.

And it won't affect your application for citizenship in Argentina, either.

While I admire the motives of those who continue to go to Uruguay every 90 days, I think its a waste of time and money.

You can overstay as many times as you wish?

I heard that the 3rd time you could have problems coming back.

sundae said:
You can overstay as many times as you wish?

I heard that the 3rd time you could have problems coming back.

Ah, yes, the old three strikes and yer out rule.

I don't think anyone has ever actually posted that this has happened to them or anyone they know.

If you really want to live in Argentina and cannot qualify for a resident visa then apply for citizenship.

If the decreto of 2010 is ever enforced going to Uruguay won't be an option, either (if it matters now is doubtful).

A "trusted source" recently informed me that the folks at migraciones who are capable of reading the posts here are quite amused by all of this nonsense.

Amused in what way? Like we are idiots that are going to get into trouble? Or more like we are idiot that worry too much?

I'm married to an Argentine so it doens't matter to me, just curious.

****edit- I guess by 'nonsense' it means we are idiots that worry about nothing????

texxaslonghorn said:
Amused in what way? Like we are idiots that are going to get into trouble? Or more like we are idiot that worry too much?

I'm married to an Argentine so it doens't matter to me, just curious.

****edit- I guess by 'nonsense' it means we are idiots that worry about nothing????

Mucho about nada.

If the present laws are ever enforced, going to Uruguay won't make any difference.

Except for the fact that when you leave (even for a day) you give up any rights you may have to stay in the first place.

I just moved and have been trying to find chewing tobacco, such as Skoal products does anyone know where they could be found?

Learn Spanish with or without visa, that's the main reason to enjoy or not to enjoy Argentina and as well the main reason for your succes of lack of succes in the job market

Back