Hello there!

DanInBaires

Registered
Hello all! My name is Dan and I wanted to introduce myself. I'll be moving to Buenos Aires in a few weeks, I'm really excited and can't wait to start my new life there. I actually have a lot of family there, and have been going since I was a kid, so I'm not exactly a stranger to the city, but I am looking forward to learning more about it from this forum. I'll be staying, in the Blegrano section. I'm a really big live music fan, is there a good music scene in Buenos Aires?

Well anyway, just wanted to say hello, I look forward to talking with you all. :)

Thanks!
-Dan

Hey Dan! How come you have family here? Any of your parents from Argentina?
BTW, Yes there is live music here though it depends what you like and how old you are.

There are some good jazz clubs, namely Virasoro and Thelonious. Both are in Palermo, southeast of Scalabrini Ortiz.

Hey Duderino, thats really great to hear. I love Jazz, what about like an indie rock hipster scene...does it exsist down there?

DanInBaires said:
Hey Duderino, thats really great to hear. I love Jazz, what about like an indie rock hipster scene...does it exsist down there?

I really haven't found much in that department. Some people listen to that type of music, and you'll hear it at bars sometimes, but I haven't seen a bar dedicated to that scene.

Hey Dan,

For listings check out
wipe.com/ar
and
vuenosairez.com

They'll list indie bands, electronic music, etc. You'll have to check it out for yourself. I've found it's much less of a scene based on venue, but rather on event.

One great upside of the Argentinos is that they make fast friends around mutual interests, especially if that interest has a good scene where you're from. So, you might connect easily with people out watching bands.

Enjoy!

Back