Hello, World - Help?

starlucia said:
What's your price range and timeframe?

And what are you looking for that you are not finding? Furnished, unfurnished location, etc?

Nolan-

If I were you, I would generally avoid Craigslist, as it´s a website that caters almost entirely to foreigners who will pay in US dollars.

Try www.soloduenos.com. You can select your parameters (how much you can afford, the neighborhood, if it´s a shorter term lease, and so on), and it´s typically in pesos. Moreover, you will deal directly with the owners of the apartments, so you might be able to negotiate a security deposit in lieu of a garantía (which is what I did when I used the site awhile back).

If not, another option could be www.justlanded.com (click "Argentina").

Suerte!

In the exact same boat. I think I was extremely lucky when I came in June and it helped that it was probably around the time when all the students were leaving. I struck gold after my second house visit. This time not going so great. Less rooms are available, Argentines seem to be charging more (I´m assuming the time of the year and influx of students), etc. Day 3 and still no success.

I´m Looking for a room in a house or apartment with preferably 2 roommates or less but flexible on this. My price range is $350-$420 max. I´m looking for a room for about 3 months. After that time I´d like to have my own place, although if things are going well I´m open to staying longer. Preferred areas: Palermo, Recoleta, Villa Crespo, Almagro, in that order. And no it´s not because I´m interested in being around expats.....I genuinely like Palermo, which reminds me very much of the neighborhood I grew up in.

About me: 26, originally from LA, enjoy photography, and going out on weekends and being social. I´ve lived in Brazil, the Dominican Republic, DC and Atlanta before. Looking for laid back folks who are in school or working and like to have a good time once or twice a week.

Doesn´t matter if it is a spanish speaking or english speaking place. I speak both. Any leads or anyone looking for roomates let me know! Thanks.

ETA: I'm a guy. Just putting it out there. Seems to be fairly consistent requirement for getting a room. Even when it's another guy. Go figure.

Back