HELP! Cat needs a new home

Sutterek

Registered
All,

I am leaving in a week to return to the United States and I have 2 cats but I can only bring one back. I have been asking my friends for months to find a home for one of my cats and it is now urgent to find a place or I may need to take some kind of drastic measure.

Details:
Name: Persephone (Female) - Feel free to change it because cats don't really come when they are called by name anyway.....
1 1/2 years old
Spayed (so no babies ever and no need to pay for surgery in the future)
All vaccinations current and I have all the papers. She recently got Rabies vaccination with hope that I could bring her back to the United States.
Very healthy - no fleas, no worms, has lived indoors all her life (never a street cat)

I will give you the litter box, the food and water dishes, even a great automatic feeder that runs on batteries for the dry food so you will not have to buy any of these supplies. I also have a carrier to bring her wherever she needs to go in the city.

Please, please, please....Anyone who loves cats and may be staying in Buenos Aires for a long time or could eventually take Persephone with you to your country I really need help.

I leave on Monday February 27th so barely a week to go and she is a really, really awesome cat that will make someone very happy. She is young and healthy and a wonderful companion. She is currently living with her sister cat from the same litter so she is used to company if you already have a cat or I believe that she will have no problem with living alone as she is the dominant cat in the house.

Thank you so much in advance,
Erin Sutter
Email address: [email protected] or [email protected]
Home number: 11-4815-7902

Here is a photo of Persephone. She is a domestic short hair and has beautiful black fur like velvet.

I don't want to think about what will happen if Feb 27th comes and I don't have a home for her but I can't take her on the plane and it is too late and too expensive to ship her. I want to focus on sharing this wonderful cat with a new loving home. She is a great companion and is young and healthy with all the immunizations and surgeries paid for plus I have a great veterinarian that speaks english (and spanish) and actually comes to your home to care for the cats and is still a great price.

Recommended Vet:
Dr. Federico Curra
15-5887-9861
http://www.movilvet.com.ar

Please let me know if there are any questions or if you want to come see Persephone.

Saludos, Erin

I do not have a car either to transport the cat but would help get the cat somewhere within Capital Federal via cab or public transport (as long as they let animals on subways and/or buses which I do not know.)

Thanks, Erin

Wow... I'll refrain from saying what I think about your decision to abandon your pet but really - take a remise to get your cat to a safe home with Fabe.

Fabe - thanks for stepping up to the plate and offering a home for this poor cat.

Oh, we are looking for a cat! but first we are looking for a home for ourselves... Fabe- perhaps you would consider a sort-of foster arrangement?
My chap and I will be housed by mid March (fingers crossed!)...

xx

wow...
If Fabe isn't able to have her, perhaps you should consider contacting centro michi miau or the Protectora Sarmiento. They might be able to find a placement to help you avoid "drastic action" (wtf!)..though leaving it until the week before you left the country might be cutting it fine for them.
Expats considering taking an animal on should consider the cost of repatriation if they have to leave as animals don't get rehomed easily here and often end up on the streets/worse. It's all very easily available online.

Just throwing myself out here as well. We could take her as an adoption, I suppose. I already have a cat, and I couldn't take another one on a permanent basis. We'd keep her until we found someone. However, I don't exactly want you to resort to these "drastic measures." So, if no one here works out, please send me a message. I live in Belgrano.

as I said, We´d LOVE to have her in the long term, if someone else can have her for a month :)

PM me!

xxT

Back