Help! Identification Lost, Advice Needed

Nico.S

Registered
Hey everyone,

So I got myself into a holy mess. The day right before I'm supposed to leave to go to Uruguay for semana santa, I lost my cédula uruguaya, of course... Anyway, I checked the Uruguayan embassy website and it told me to bring the things:

Deberá presentar:

1.- Una foto tipo carné.
2.- Denuncia Policial de extravío en caso de pérdida o hurto de documentos.

I need your help regarding how to do this. Where could I get a passport photo? Second, and more taxing, how should I deal with the police. I suppose I'll have to go to a police station (any suggestions as to where a good one is) and if anyone has an idea how where and how to deal with the police, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi Nico
Esteban here from the coffee chat
what a bummer! the police is not hard just go with some id if you have a canadian id and no uruguayan one go with that as long as uruguay knows you have a canadian passport and can have one
i don't know where you live are you legally registered here or as a tourist? i think as a tourist you can go anywhere? there is one near me on julian alvarez between charcas and guemes
photos on a sunday im not sure but tomorrow i can tell you
i hope this helps!
good luck and let me know what happens
suerte
esteban

You can get a photo at any Kodak kiosko. Try searching on line for them in BA. I used a couple of them in Recoleta (on the right side of Junin near Santa Fe as you walk toward Coroba) and Palermo (just off Santa Fe in the side street "above" Alto Palermo shopping. I believe it's in the same block and close to the corner with the exit of the subte. If not, it's in the next block. They are both probably closed on Sunday.

You can make the police report at any comisaria but I suggest you go to the one closest to where you are living. They will ask for some form of ID and should accept a photo copy if that's all you have.

Hi Nico
Esteban here from the coffee chat
what a bummer! the police is not hard just go with some id if you have a canadian id and no uruguayan one go with that as long as uruguay knows you have a canadian passport and can have one
i don't know where you live are you legally registered here or as a tourist? i think as a tourist you can go anywhere? there is one near me on julian alvarez between charcas and guemes
photos on a sunday im not sure but tomorrow i can tell you
i hope this helps!
good luck and let me know what happens
suerte
esteban

I think that he entered Argentina with his UY ID, so the Argentine migraciones could question him upon leaving Argentina with a Canadian passport with no entry stamp (in this case, just show them your police report where you declare you lost your UY ID).
Since he will be gone for just a week, he could enter/leave UY with is Canadian passport, and take care of the photos on Monday in UY.
I can't really think about a place open for pictures on a Sunday! There is a Kodak place at the subte station in Retiro, but I don't really know if it will be open on a Sunday!

Thanks everyone for your generous suggestions.

I did the police report, and all I need now is to get a picture taken. Thank you for the suggestions of where to go. The next issue I've been reminded about is the possibility that the embassy maybe closed this week because of the semana santa, is this true? I though things were closed after Thursday. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning!

I had to change my flight to go to back to Uruguay for this Friday. By that point, I should have at least a temporary card.

Thanks again, and I'll see you guys soon!

Back