Lost/Stolen passport renew VISA in BA ??

marieBA

Registered
Hello everyone! I'm from Buenos Aires.
I lost my passport that had my visa 2 years Ago. I requested a new passport, do you know if I can recover my VISA ? What Should I do? I chceked the US Embassy Site in BA and it doesn't say anything.
I created a new application but I don't have the option to pay the fee or request an appointment.
If anyone can help me I'll appreciate it
Thanks

I suggest emailing the consulate and explain the situation. See if they can direct you

You can always try calling the US Embassy here in BA directly, 5777-4533. I called last week regarding passport renewal questions.
After going through the pre-recorded messages I was able to talk to somebody who answered my questions. The service is bilingual.
"Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish".

I lost my passport that had my visa 2 years Ago. I requested a new passport, do you know if I can recover my VISA ? What Should I do? I chceked the US Embassy Site in BA and it doesn't say anything.
I created a new application but I don't have the option to pay the fee or request an appointment.
Thanks
First contact by email the consular affairs and explain the situation. Let them guide you. Don't submit a Form I-94 unless the embassy tells you to do so. They will give you the correct course of action; not people here who think they know everything. I hope it works out for you.

Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Thanks
If you need a Visa to enter the US, means you lost an Argentine Passport with a 10 year US visa?

Two alternatives,
Firstly, you take your new passport to have the previous Visa stamped .
Presumably you will require a police report of the loss and cancellation of passport, etc. . Otherwise a valid passport with a valid US visa may have already been/or could be used..?
Secondly, you need to apply again.
As mentioned above call the US Embassy, it's a unique situation.

Usually there are 24 hour emergency telephone numbers at Embassies/Consulates to report stolen passports, specially helpful if you need to travel right away.

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll call tomorrow to the embassy to know how to proceed.
I sent the email to [email protected] informing about the lost visa and the passport renewal but I only received the automatic reply
You really help me a lot with all this data. I'll let you know so if someone has the same situation can know how to proceed.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help! I'll call tomorrow to the embassy to know how to proceed.
I sent the email to [email protected] informing about the lost visa and the passport renewal but I only received the automatic reply
You really help me a lot with all this data. I'll let you know so if someone has the same situation can know how to proceed.
One more opinion....do anything to get an appointment....using the website of the U.S. Embassy. Do this no matter what else you do. I did the 'I lost my passport thing'. I got an appointment. In my opinion...follow the instructions given for a lost passport....I don't think you have anything to lose. It gets you in the front door. In my opinion...the U.S. Embassy in Argentina is the MOST helpful in my experience of all countries.

Again...follow the instructions given once you are given the appointment. You will get a new passport faster than might have thought. THEN....you go to Migracion Argentina in B.A. If you have never been there...don't get spooked. It is actually a very friendly place. You may be able to avoid the long 'first' entry line if you are a good BSer like me....but all in all, it is a friendly place. Bring pesos, don't remember if I needed it or Credit Card....I owed money to leave. In any case...they control your visa, not the U.S. Gov. THINK POSITIVE

TT

Last edited:
Usually there are 24 hour emergency telephone numbers at Embassies/Consulates to report stolen passports, specially helpful if you need to travel right away.

Would they take a report on stolen Argentine passports ? Just asking ?

Back