Help need a blender that is able to crush ice!

I use the Russell Hobbs hand blender with ice crushing attachment. My wife bought it in Jumbo a couple of years ago and it has been great.

Oster Blender

MulePool

They're cheap (get one at Target), but they can be heavy if your pitcher is glass.

My chops the hell out of ice no problem.

The mule pool seems to be down too. Says they're not accepting any more users. Tio Musa have stock of blenders according to their website.

I was told that if you are intending to crush/chop ice in a blender you should buy one with a glass jug, as the blenders with plastic jugs arent design for this and usually break..

davonz said:
I was told that if you are intending to crush/chop ice in a blender you should buy one with a glass jug, as the blenders with plastic jugs arent design for this and usually break..

Interesting. Then I got very lucky, because I had intended to buy a plastic jugged one. Between carrying it on the airplane & the likelihood that someone would break it at a party, I thought that plastic was the way to go. Then I bought it for ~US$20 and it turned out to be glass. I'm glad that I made the mistake!

My blender broke and I am so sad about this because I really need my blender, I cannot afford to buy a new one.

Which part of the blender broke? If it was the pitcher, you can easily buy a replacement... we just did that for our Phillips and it cost 90 pesos (as opposed to 300 or more for a whole new one.) If the problem is in the base, that's more complicated, but still might be able to be repaired. Worth a shot!

citygirl said:
CarverFan - any type of household appliance is pretty much impossible to find. My friend has been looking for a good quality iron for months and can't find one. Imports aren't getting in and the local companies can't get it done for any number of reasons.

Too true. My suegra had her boyfriend bring her back an iron from Montevideo since he goes every week for work. She simply couldn't find one here that wasn't of terrible quality. This is going to get worse before it gets better I assume you all know....

If you have access to 110v, I have several I brought from the states inclueding a Vitamixer which will juice just about anything but rocks...

To make a decent smoothie blenders here do not work. To handle crushed ice and frozen fruit you need a food processor. I'd look in mercadolibre, deremate.com, buen acuredo.com, and so on for something. You might get a decent one for 200. Hand blenders here burn fast, I burned mine trying to fluff out mashed potatoes...

Back