Help Understanding Flight Booking

I hear some stories of a 40% drop in international flight bookings for the next quarter . Anyone else have news or rumors?

Broadly in line with the stories I have heard of collapsing international tourism. 20% down last year more or less with a prediction of a further slide.

Broadly in line with the stories I have heard of collapsing international tourism. 20% down last year more or less with a prediction of a further slide.

That's great news: It'll be grand not to have to fight for a hotel room this winter holiday and to save a bunch with the new lower rates! :lol:

I have all kinds of "Argentine Tax Credits". Willing to sell at a dramatic discount.

Tax credit is like " green cash " I once received US$5k from the Feds for buying my Hybrid car!
Went all way down to the bank laughing and singing!

That's great news: It'll be grand not to have to fight for a hotel room this winter holiday and to save a bunch with the new lower rates! :lol:

Occupancy is still high in hotels for the local market, during the traditional holiday seasons in the traditional resorts, not so great in the fancy hotels aimed at high rolling folks from out foreign who don't tend to go the same places at the same time as the locals. No one would fly down here in Jan (would they?!) or in winter (maybe the ski season collides, but do many tourist bypass eu or canada US to ski here...i dunno?) I think the higher end BA hotels are down in trade, as the tourist services which the locals don't touch, the sort of place looking to pick up high end tourists off a short break, as I understand it Arg is sort of a multi destination place where you come down for the "big trip" taking a few days here there and everywhere whereas the local market is more focused on 3 weeks in Jan in the popular (nac y pop) spots and a week in winter somewhere else.

TLDR - The rooney maoist winter camp and basket weaving festivus probably hasn't sold out just yet.

Just booked a flight on Delta , eze-tampa RT for a few bucks over $1000.00

Thought it is about fair.

I also hear travel wise Buenos Aires is so last year . With crime and currency exchange issue primarily keeping travel agents from booking them here.

Hot in SA is Ecuador , Peru and as always Brasil.

Back