Help Understanding Flight Booking

anybody tried to buy miles with foreign credit card and get the ticket with those miles in order to avoid 35%?

Just to be clear: practically speaking, people flying from here can pay in pesos. That's all I can say here.

Just to be clear: practically speaking, people flying from here can pay in pesos. That's all I can say here.

As long as you take them to a cueva before you use them for international travel, knock yourself out.

Current dollar rate with credit cards is about the same as blue rate, so if there is a way to pay for tickets with a foreign credit card and avoid the 35% makes it a lot cheaper, this is why I am curious to know if anybody has bought miles with foreign credit card to buy tickets?

Current dollar rate with credit cards is about the same as blue rate, so if there is a way to pay for tickets with a foreign credit card and avoid the 35% makes it a lot cheaper, this is why I am curious to know if anybody has bought miles with foreign credit card to buy tickets?

This was not my case if you're going by the dollar blue. I looked on more than 10 sites, Argentine and US, in pesos and dollars, with and without the "ZK" tax in the breakdown, and the prices were the same across the board. Which is what ignited my doubt in the first place. I have flown back and forth EZE/DFW for over 7 years now, and prices have never been as high as they are right now (searching ANY dates) which is why I still believe that that "ZK" tax is built it whether it's in the breakdown or not.

This was not my case if you're going by the dollar blue. I looked on more than 10 sites, Argentine and US, in pesos and dollars, with and without the "ZK" tax in the breakdown, and the prices were the same across the board. Which is what ignited my doubt in the first place. I have flown back and forth EZE/DFW for over 7 years now, and prices have never been as high as they are right now (searching ANY dates) which is why I still believe that that "ZK" tax is built it whether it's in the breakdown or not.
I just ran a quick search on lan arg and lan usa. The fare with and without the tax seems to be the same, but actually it is not. The fare I find on the US site gives me a grant total of about 2800 usd the one I get on lan Arg measured in blue dollars gives me about the same amount, however in Arg you it should be measured at official exch rate of 8$ and the rest is the damn 35% that you should be able to claim back via AFIP if you have everything en blanco, so actually the AR fare is lower...

the rest is the damn 35% that you should be able to claim back via AFIP if you have everything en blanco, so actually the AR fare is lower...

This is a whole other thread that I have thought about starting but also haven't looked to see if there is a recent one. I am en blanco and filed all my 35% retentions from 2013 but was explained by Adecco when I went to sign my last pay stub that the 35% didn't work towards anything because I didn't owe any income tax. So what do I do to get my money back?" And the Adecco employee suggested I hire an accountant to help me file whatever necessary paperwork with AFIP for this particular tramite. Fabulous. I asked, "Do you know of anyone who has gone through the paperwork and gotten their money back?" And he gave me a sly smile and said, "I know people who have turned in their paperwork but have not gotten any response as of yet." He also told me the money could work toward bienes personales. So, I don't think I'll ever see that 35%. And never expected to, either. Perhaps I should start a new thread to see if anyone is in the same situation?

This is a whole other thread that I have thought about starting but also haven't looked to see if there is a recent one. I am en blanco and filed all my 35% retentions from 2013 but was explained by Adecco when I went to sign my last pay stub that the 35% didn't work towards anything because I didn't owe any income tax. So what do I do to get my money back?" And the Adecco employee suggested I hire an accountant to help me file whatever necessary paperwork with AFIP for this particular tramite. Fabulous. I asked, "Do you know of anyone who has gone through the paperwork and gotten their money back?" And he gave me a sly smile and said, "I know people who have turned in their paperwork but have not gotten any response as of yet." He also told me the money could work toward bienes personales. So, I don't think I'll ever see that 35%. And never expected to, either. Perhaps I should start a new thread to see if anyone is in the same situation?
This is not accurate. I know many people that routinely claim reimbursement of said 35% and they get it on time. In theory it is a simple process that you can do onlline at AFIP´s site once you have your clave fiscal nivel 3. If you are all en blanco, you will have no issues getting that back.

http://www.iprofesio...-en-el-exterior

http://www.arielsetton.com.ar/2013/02/guia-para-usar-el-15-retenido-por-compras-al-exterior/

Thanks Nikad, so you know of people who have gotten it deposited back into their accounts? That would be amazing. I'm just wondering if it's too late, although I filed everything on time and had no idea it wouldn't work toward my income tax - just found that out a week or so ago. Thanks very much for the links. This would be great news if it works. I could pay for that flight home I just bought! (Ok I won't get too excited just yet.)

I have all kinds of "Argentine Tax Credits". Willing to sell at a dramatic discount.

Back