Help Understanding Flight Booking

Thanks Nikad, so you know of people who have gotten it deposited back into their accounts? That would be amazing. I'm just wondering if it's too late, although I filed everything on time and had no idea it wouldn't work toward my income tax - just found that out a week or so ago. Thanks very much for the links. This would be great news if it works. I could pay for that flight home I just bought! (Ok I won't get too excited just yet.)
I know there is a yearly deadline to file for that, and you get the money after several months in your bank acct.

Nikad I'm in the middle of doing it right now. Can I ask you again? Do you really know of anyone who has gotten anything deposited back into their bank account from AFIP after doing this (not just through their employer)? Since I filed everything on time, it's all appearing correctly in the system and coming up as "accepted" as in "accepted into the system." And I even figured out how to link my CBU thanks to the links you provided.

Is there a way for you to claim that back?
Way back when, Moreno said we (tourists) could deduct from US income tax or something like that. Tax is not eligible for deduction in the US, is a foreign income tax where I do not have any AR income. Moreover, AR would need my social security number and that is not going to happen. The thing is a charade. Am not going to loose any sleep over it. The way I figure it, everything is a wash now. All the money I saved buying tickets with pesos is all gone. Am out of my league trying to stay one step ahead of these people.

Nikad I'm in the middle of doing it right now. Can I ask you again? Do you really know of anyone who has gotten anything deposited back into their bank account from AFIP after doing this (not just through their employer)? Since I filed everything on time, it's all appearing correctly in the system and coming up as "accepted" as in "accepted into the system." And I even figured out how to link my CBU thanks to the links you provided.
Most of the people that I know are not employees and they get it deposited directly by AFIP - not positive on how long it takes, I believe it is 6 months -. For this tax reimbursement the employer has no say, the employer deducts from your salary what he has to deduct, the rest is up to AFIP.

Way back when, Moreno said we (tourists) could deduct from US income tax or something like that. Tax is not eligible for deduction in the US, is a foreign income tax where I do not have any AR income. Moreover, AR would need my social security number and that is not going to happen. The thing is a charade. Am not going to loose any sleep over it. The way I figure it, everything is a wash now. All the money I saved buying tickets with pesos is all gone. Am out of my league trying to stay one step ahead of these people.
Well, yes, if you do not have a residency here or are taxable here and you are indeed paying 100% of everything, you will never see a cent back, still I think it was more profitable to give that % away and be able to pay pesos - if it makes you feel any better -

Well, yes, if you do not have a residency here or are taxable here and you are indeed paying 100% of everything, you will never see a cent back, still I think it was more profitable to give that % away and be able to pay pesos - if it makes you feel any better -
A personal friend is an AR accountant and he has spent a substantial amount of time researching the tax for me and to say the least, he is dumbfounded that a tourist has to pay this tax, especially when I paid for my ticket in dollars. What really stumps him is he cannot find a paper trail of me ever paying the tax at AFIP. We think the $$$ goes into one big slush fund for the powers to be. So Nik, every-time I see the Dragon Lady flaunting a new Gucci bag or some other million dollar accessory, my blood boils, believing I helped pay for her shit.

A personal friend is an AR accountant and he has spent a substantial amount of time researching the tax for me and to say the least, he is dumbfounded that a tourist has to pay this tax, especially when I paid for my ticket in dollars. What really stumps him is he cannot find a paper trail of me ever paying the tax at AFIP. We think the $$$ goes into one big slush fund for the powers to be. So Nik, every-time I see the Dragon Lady flaunting a new Gucci bag or some other million dollar accessory, my blood boils, believing I helped pay for her shit.
I find it obscene that tourists are charged an advance on income tax! It makes no sense. To be honest, if I was a tourist, I would not come here. As an Argentine I feel insulted that they are taxing people to visit my country, the best part is that nobody knows about this scam, except of some seasoned travelers or expats.

This was not my case if you're going by the dollar blue. I looked on more than 10 sites, Argentine and US, in pesos and dollars, with and without the "ZK" tax in the breakdown, and the prices were the same across the board. Which is what ignited my doubt in the first place. I have flown back and forth EZE/DFW for over 7 years now, and prices have never been as high as they are right now (searching ANY dates) which is why I still believe that that "ZK" tax is built it whether it's in the breakdown or not.

Normally the ticket in pesos should be about US $30-50 cheaper than in dollars on an Argentine credit card. The reason is that when issuing the ticket in Argentina in pesos, ZK is calculated against the base fare and some - not all - of the taxes, whereas if you're paying with an Argentine CC you're paying 35% on the *total* amount paid.

Paying the fare in dollars outside the county should normally work out the same as the 'dolar tarjeta' (depending, of course, on how good a rate you get for your dollars).

I find it obscene that tourists are charged an advance on income tax! It makes no sense. To be honest, if I was a tourist, I would not come here. As an Argentine I feel insulted that they are taxing people to visit my country, the best part is that nobody knows about this scam, except of some seasoned travelers or expats.

Well some people in the industry are telling me that last year they were about 20% on their usual foreign tourist intake and this years looks worse. Should be a massive growth industry, government are spinning the figures to make it look like tourism is increasing but once you take out the domestic figures the big spending overseas tourists are staying away and so is there nice hard foreign currency.

When you consider the weird array of charges and half implemented policies regarding what currency you can or cannot spend it is hardly surprising.

Back