Help Understanding Flight Booking

THEY QUOTE THE 35% BECAUSE CHILE IS NOT A PART OF ARGENTINA. THE RATE GETS CONVERTED TO ARS AT THE OFFICIAL RATE. BECAUSE OF THE RIDICULOUS POLICIES OF THE CFK GOVERNMENT, THAT RATE IS NOT "REAL". THE 240 WAS A RESULT OF CONVERTING AN INTERNATIONAL RATE.

If you bought that ticket in USDs or Chilean pesos you wouldn't have been charged the 35%.

DEAR GOD!!!!!

The ticket is for a journey that starts in Bariloche and Bariloche is in Argentina...

viabariloche is an Argentine Company, If I walk into a ticket office located in Argentina I get charged the 35%... Not even sure the ticket office will accept chile pesos nor US$. If you could pay in US$ you would be charged at the official rate so AR$648 / 7.9 = US$82 and we all know that US$ 82 on the blue market is worth a lot more than $648 pesos so you actually end up paying the price of the ticket + 35% and loose almost $200 pesos worth in the exchange!

If you buy online you pay the price in the screenshot INCLUDING the 35%.

If you know a way to buy this ticked without paying the 35% I would be very interested to hear about it!

DEAR GOD!!!!!

those TAXES you pay everywhere. it was probably sales tax, airport fees, fuel surcharge. NOT AFIP 35%.

Buy a ticket from JFK to Heathrow, guess what? YOU WILL PAY TAXES. Does Cristina's long arm reach that far????

Jesus!!! You need to understand the concept, not the individual example. You need to get the idea of the general workings of something before you get to specifics. I'm done with this thread. Use it, lose it. I don't care. I don't need this kind of grief.

The ticket is for a journey that starts in Bariloche and Bariloche is in Argentina...

viabariloche is an Argentine Company, If I walk into a ticket office located in Argentina I get charged the 35%... Not even sure the ticket office will accept chile pesos nor US$. If you could pay in US$ you would be charged at the official rate so AR$648 / 7.9 = US$82 and we all know that US$ 82 on the blue market is worth a lot more than $648 pesos so you actually end up paying the price of the ticket + 35% and loose almost $200 pesos worth in the exchange!

If you buy online you pay the price in the screenshot INCLUDING the 35%.

If you know a way to buy this ticked without paying the 35% I would be very interested to hear about it!

BUY IT WITH A NON ARGIE CARD. IT WON'T PAY 35%

Internarionalguy:

Sir, you are wrong. Every international traveler where their journey begins in Argentina pays the 35%. Furthermore, foreigners cannot pay for travel in pesos. Believe me, I truly wish you were correct.

I am outta here.

Internarionalguy:

Sir, you are wrong. Every international traveler where their journey begins in Argentina pays the 35%. Furthermore, foreigners cannot pay for travel in pesos. Believe me, I truly wish you were correct.

I am outta here.

You ARE NOT correct.

3976213Arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

Their claim makes no sense. They don't understand the first thing about the 35% issue, then decide to come here and call me ignorant. No sir.

Guess I pulled this information out of my ass. Receipt for travel originating in Argentina to the Fatherland paid with a US credit card purchased on Delta's USA web site.

Xxxxxxxx
TAX ID#: CUIT30-69728271-4
TAX ADDR: ZK-OG RG3450 AFIP

Payment Method:
AX***********Ticket Number:
Xxxxxxxx

FARE: 1416.00 USD
Taxes/Carrier-imposed Fees: 690.72
Ticket Amount: 2106.72 USD

Correct...! you are a resident? you have a CUIT . What if a nonresident buys with a US credit card. I wonder

Correct...! you are a resident? you have a CUIT . What if a nonresident buys with a US credit card. I wonder
Non resident, am a bonafide tourist., none anything in Argentina other than a 90 day wonder: tourist. CUIT # is what showed up on the receipt. It is associated with Delta. Trust me, I paid the 35% tax for myself and GF for our trip. I know it is ridiculous but it is what it is. Talked to Delta and to do business in Argentina, they collect the 35%. There are two decrees, the 35% and foreigners cannot pay in pesos. No exemption because you have to pay in dollars.

Back