Help Understanding Flight Booking

allcraz

Registered
Hi everyone. The direct flight I want to Dallas is no longer available on Despegar, nor are they showing any dates even close. But I found it on Kayak for about the same price it was on Despegar. If I paid with my Argentine credit card, would they charge me the 35% international purchase tax on top of 35% travel tax? I also have a credit card from the U.S. Are there other Argentine sites I can check besides LAN and Despegar? I'm assuming the best deal is to just choose another route, with layovers (not fun with baby), and choose 12 payments with no interest...? Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. The direct flight I want to Dallas is no longer available on Despegar, nor are they showing any dates even close. But I found it on Kayak for about the same price it was on Despegar. If I paid with my Argentine credit card, would they charge me the 35% international purchase tax on top of 35% travel tax? I also have a credit card from the U.S. Are there other Argentine sites I can check besides LAN and Despegar? I'm assuming the best deal is to just choose another route, with layovers (not fun with baby), and choose 12 payments with no interest...? Thanks for your help.

Check Asatej my favorite with offices in Santa Fe Av, corner of Uriburu, can pay with CC Argie or Mercado Pago
http://www.asatej.com/
Twice 35 % tax don't think so ?

If I paid with my Argentine credit card, would they charge me the 35% international purchase tax on top of 35% travel tax?
  • There is a 35% tax (RESOLUCION 3450 AFIP) for foreign services purchased from Argentine companies.
  • There is a 35% tax applied to Argentine credit cards on all foreign currency transactions.
If the ticket on Kayak.com is priced in US$ (as kayak.com is not an Argentine company) then you won't pay the RESOLUCION 3450 AFIP but as the ticket is in a foreign currency you will pay the 35% credit card tax.

despegar.com.ar is an Argentine company so you do pay the 35% RESOLUCION 3450 AFIP, but as the prices are in AR$ pesos you don't pay the 35% credit card tax as you are doing a transaction in AR$ pesos

There is NO 35% travel tax. There is no 35% tax. Period. If you choose to pay with an Argentine card or in pesos (provided you're a resident), you'll be charged 35% (which is basically what the govt. charges anyone for letting them buy international goods at the official rate). If you decide to pay with a US card there's no 35% at all.

There is NO 35% travel tax. There is no 35% tax. Period. If you choose to pay with an Argentine card or in pesos (provided you're a resident), you'll be charged 35% (which is basically what the govt. charges anyone for letting them buy international goods at the official rate). If you decide to pay with a US card there's no 35% at all.

Shall dispute your claim "you decide to pay with a US card there's no 35% at all." Non resident, regular tourist can only pay with a foreign credit card and is charged the 35% tax for foreign travel that originates in Argentina. Any airline licensed to operate in Argentina (CUIT thing) must charge the 35%. Please show me documentation where a foreigner is not charged the 35% and you will become my best friend and receive a reward. I have been through this twice and each time the 35% is charged. Debated with Delta until I am blue in the face, no cigar. End of story.

Shall dispute your claim "you decide to pay with a US card there's no 35% at all." Non resident, regular tourist can only pay with a foreign credit card and is charged the 35% tax for foreign travel that originates in Argentina. Any airline licensed to operate in Argentina (CUIT thing) must charge the 35%. Please show me documentation where a foreigner is not charged the 35% and you will become my best friend and receive a reward. I have been through this twice and each time the 35% is charged. Debated with Delta until I am blue in the face, no cigar. End of story.

Dispute all you want. Facts are on my side. The 35% is not a travel tax, it's a currency exchange matter. International travel is always quoted in USD, ergo, if you buy it using USDs there's no need for the 35%.

You call it :

which is basically what the govt. charges anyone for letting them buy international goods at the official rate.

I call it a TAX! And you are not getting anything at the official rate if they add 35% on top...it's costing you 35% more than the official rate...

There is NO 35% travel tax. There is no 35% tax. Period.

ViaBariloche is an argentine company, if you purchase a ticket that goes from Argentina to Chile (therefore an international ticket) and you get charged a 35% tax even though they quote in AR$

Checkout_Busplus.png

THEY QUOTE THE 35% BECAUSE CHILE IS NOT A PART OF ARGENTINA. THE RATE GETS CONVERTED TO ARS AT THE OFFICIAL RATE. BECAUSE OF THE RIDICULOUS POLICIES OF THE CFK GOVERNMENT, THAT RATE IS NOT "REAL". THE 240 WAS A RESULT OF CONVERTING AN INTERNATIONAL RATE.

If you bought that ticket in USDs or Chilean pesos you wouldn't have been charged the 35%.

DEAR GOD!!!!!

Guess I pulled this information out of my ass. Receipt for travel originating in Argentina to the Fatherland paid with a US credit card purchased on Delta's USA web site.

Xxxxxxxx
TAX ID#: CUIT30-69728271-4
TAX ADDR: ZK-OG RG3450 AFIP

Payment Method:
AX***********Ticket Number:
Xxxxxxxx

FARE: 1416.00 USD
Taxes/Carrier-imposed Fees: 690.72
Ticket Amount: 2106.72 USD

Back