Help With Baked Beans In Ushuaia

Lucy1976

Registered
Hi everyone, I have a problem, i'm currently in Ushuaia (south of Argentina) and I can´t buy baked beans anywhere around here.

I'm going to be living here for a while and although I can cook them, to be honest, they're not the same.

If anyone can tell me for sure where to get them in Buenos Aires i can send one of my mates to buy them for me and send them here to Ushuaia.

Hehe...brilliant,perhaps you might get a few tins from the falkland islands.I saw some in the disco,Hunts I think,was very sweet but haven't come across any for many a moon.Once got HP brown sauce in Urugay,hehe.

Hehe...brilliant,perhaps you might get a few tins from the falkland islands.I saw some in the disco,Hunts I think,was very sweet but haven't come across any for many a moon.Once got HP brown sauce in Urugay,hehe.

HP sauce is in many Uruguayan supermarkets (i've twice seen salt n vinegar crisps in Uruguay too!), baked beans? nope nowhere. You can get Mexican beans in Carefour sometimes although its not the same.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi everyone, I have a problem, i'm currently in Ushuaia (south of Argentina) and I can´t buy baked beans anywhere around here.[/background]

This is a "problem"? This is hilarious. Or pathetic is more like it.

I've lived in Buenos Aires 6 years and don't remember ever seeing baked beans. Don't worry, you will adapt (or leave)....

Amazon has them. in 12 packs !! Only US $20.00 I can air freight them to you. Would be around US$480.00 Those would be some expensive beans.

very very rarely, you can find tinned baked beans from the US (with hotdog or something chopped up in them :S) in Buenos Aires but there's certainly no regular or reliable supply...its complete hit and miss. If you're looking for the British version, forget it. They don't exist here...

Back