Help with package held up at customs

so, i spent a about 5 hours at the terminal de cargas and $75. the customs inspector opened by boxes to verify that my clothes were used, etc. i didn't have to pay duty, btdid have to pay storage. what BS that was. so now i know not to ship anything UPS, FEDEX. DHL, etc.

Two things:
A)The # 8 bus will take you to Ezeiza in 2 hours at an small cost.
B) Al ways ship via USPO, it is the cheapest and surest way

I have a food package stuck at customs according to DHL. It's quite likely that I'll need to pay something to get it out right? My Spanish is not good enough for any sweet talking :(

ok, there is a really nice girl who sits at the front desk/podium who speaks english. i learned the hard way not to have anything shipped via fed ex DHL or UPS. use the mail service. (I thought that it would be safer)-hell no! Also, customs will charge you for storage--per day, even on the weekends, although they are not open on the weekends! good luck. and plan to stay there for a few hours. i didn't have to pay duty, but had to pay storage. good luck

It might be too late to help you now, but for others thinking of sending things to BA, it's best to do it with regular mail (unless you're game for a trip to aduanas at EZE) and make sure that whomever is sending the package takes things out of original packaging, takes off price tags, etc., and marks a low value even going so far as to call it a "gift" on the declaration form. I've had several packages come internationally and be delivered right to my door (as long as it's not big) that way. Good luck!

I brought my whole apt to the BA's from California. (Mostly books, old clothes etc) It was a 2 or 3 day nightmare at the shipping docs here. (All used stuff that they said I was new and trying to sell)...everyone was shady as fuck. I heard the airport is the same way. Play hardball all the way...have lots of time and If your going to do this with alot of stuff...I would probably hire someone that knows the process or lack of process. Have them do everything. It's worth saving yourself the headache & stress.

It's terrible :( Not only do I have to pay DHL 70 USD for a measly 1 kg package, I also have to go to EZE and pay customs duty. It's enough to make me want to give up the package altogether.

Back