Help With Telecom

Do you have something special with Telcom? We have a basic line and we have no VM that I'm aware of? Don't know how to fix your problem, just curious, would love to send some callers to VM :D

I have voicemail because I've heard a message saying "leave a message". I just want to listen to and erase the messages that are on the phone and leave a message that says "don't leave a message, email me".

I'm certain that Telecom is the same as Telefonica which I have. The company charges for voice mail service. Messages are automatically deleted from the voice mail box after five days. Voice mail kicks in automatically after the fifth ring.

I receive phone messages from those who walk to talk to me. If callers had email, they would send me an email.

To change the outgoing message on your phone, get to the main menu and select cambio mensaje and then record it. My message is my name so callers know they are leaving a message for me.

Tom, if you don't want voice messaging, you should cancel it. Then there in no alternative.

I received a letter today from Telefonica that they will discontinue MINIBOX on June 15, 2015, and replace that voicemail service with MEMOBOX (for 3.63/month). MEMOBOX activates when you don't answer the phone AND when you're line is busy. It allows 30 messages to be saved for 30 days (more than Minibox at *124). To listen to messages, press *123 and enter the last four digits of your telephone number.

THE OUTGOING MESSAGE is (phone number) is not available at this moment, please leave your message after the tone.

TO CHANGE THE OUTGOING MESSAGE:
1. Press *123 from your own telephone
2. Enter the last four digits of your home phone number (this security code can be changed if you desire)
3. Press 3 to change personal options
4. press 1 to change your outgoing message (your name or a message)
5. you will be prompted to record your message. Later you can change it if you so desire.

TO CHANGE YOUR SECURITY CODE:
1. press *123 on your own phone
2. enter the security code (last four digits of your phone number)
3. press 3 to change options
4. press 2 to change security code
5. prompted to enter your new security code and then press (#) and reconfirm. You can't use four numbers that are the same.

These procedures are probably the same for TELECOM.

I thought I would revive this thread. Here we are 2 1/2 years later, I still don't have enough Spanish to understand the recorded voices on my phone. I would like to clean up the message. Maybe an OCD problem :=) So I ask again:

I have a land line with Telecom. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can give me instructions (step by step walk through) on how to :

1. retrieve messages
2. change my greeting message

Thanks. T/

I found this manual for Telecom online, but it doesn't give the basic information you need. If you had Telefonica, I could help you. When I forget to check voice mail, the system calls to alert me there are messages. The phone number of the person calling is automatically part of the message with date and time of their call. I listen by pressing 1 and delete by pressing 3. Ask a neighbor to show you how it works with Telecom. TRY THIS: *123# If you get into the system, you can listen to the options to change your outgoing message and retrieve voice mails. The site gives only a virtual chat online to questions. Sorry, there is no more personal communication with these large companies.

Last edited:
https://hogares.telecom.com.ar/ayudaysoporte/soporte/telefonia/servicios-adicionales/call/

Levante el auricular y marque: *123#
Siga las instrucciones de la operadora que lo guiará.
La primer clave corresponde a los últimos cuatro dígitos de su número telefónico

Says here Dial *123#
Follow instructions.
The first code is the last 4 digits of your phone number.

It also seems like you can set a security pin code.

---------
To listen to messages after the first time:

Desde su casa

1. Levante el auricular y marque: *123#
Ingrese su clave de seguridad. (Si seleccionó esta opción)
3. Una grabación le indicará la cantidad de mensajes recibidos.
4. Marcando el 1, escuchará sus mensajes. Simultáneamente podrá:
Con el 1 escucharlos nuevamente
Con el 2 guardarlos
Con el 3 borrarlos
Con el 1 1 escuchar fecha y hora de cada uno

Desde otro Teléfono

Si no se encuentra en su domicilio, también puede escuchar sus mensajes desde cualquier otro teléfono multifrecuente, ya sea público ó particular, en cualquier punto del país.
1. Marque su propio número de teléfono, anteponiendo los prefijos correspondientes, de acuerdo al lugar desde donde llama.
2. Si nadie responde, escuchará su mensaje de bienvenida.
3. Interrumpa el mensaje de bienvenida presionando la tecla * (asterisco).
4. Ingrese su clave de seguridad

From home:
*123#
Security code, if you set one.
You will be told how many messages you have.
Press 1 to listen.
Press 1 to listen again.
2 to save.
3 to erase.
1 1 for date and time of each message.

From away from home:
Dial your number.
You'll hear the welcome message.
Interrupt welcome message by pressing *
Put in your security code.

To change your security code:

1. Levante el auricular y marque: *123#
Ingrese su clave de seguridad
Marque 3
Marque 2
Ingrese su nueva clave
Para grabarla marque 1
Para confirmarla marque 2

*123#
Security code
Press 3
Press 2
Dial your new code.
To save, press 1
To confirm, press 2

Says you can dial 0 at any time for customer service.

Last edited:
Back