Help With Washing Machine

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Brace yourself! This is a serious issue!

My washing machine is tying my clothes in knots. I have a Philco machine that we purchased here. It is a top-loading machine. It literally ties my clothes in knots that I wouldn't be able to replicate by hand if I tried. I've always had top-loading machines but they've never done this.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution?

Many thanks!

GS

Sorry I can't help you with this one.

Next time get a front loading machine, they are much much gentler with clothes, plus much more ecological.

Good luck.

The only thing I can think of, is to put items into mesh bags. It's a hassle but at least the clothes won't come out knotted up.

I have a top loading machine and the same thing happens to me. It's a pain the rear. I haven't found a solution yet either, but I find that smaller loads seem to lessen the amount of knots.

b8dcw.jpg

Are you over stuffing the washer? I have had happen to me when I put a lot of clothes together or with certain items. Socks, bras, onesies, that kind of long narrow clothing will knot. Wash them in a mesh bag and it should stop. Also, put in less items that you normally would. Yes, it will take longer, but at least you will not damage your clothes.

We have a top loader and it works fine !! Its an ESLABON DE LUJO - Despite the fancy title its quite basic compared to US/European models - but it does the job !

Are you over stuffing the washer? I have had happen to me when I put a lot of clothes together or with certain items. Socks, bras, onesies, that kind of long narrow clothing will knot. Wash them in a mesh bag and it should stop. Also, put in less items that you normally would. Yes, it will take longer, but at least you will not damage your clothes.

I didn't think I was overloading it. I was my bras and panties - er, my wife's bras and panties in a mesh bag. The worst are long sleeve shirts. I'll try washing with smaller loads and see if that helps. Thanks!

GS_Dirtboy, you're lucky, my toploader not only ties clothes in superhuman knots, it also sucks delicates out of those mesh bags, slowly enlarging one of the mesh holes until it has destroyed the bag. I chose the cheapest washer on the market (my mum was paying) and the make doesn't even exist anymore.

I say it again, get a front loader. They are vastly superior and only use a fraction of the water of the antiquated water/energy guzzlers. They treat your clothes well. Top loaders should be phased out.

Back