Helpful Tip: Success At Int'l Correo Today

Just adding my most recent experience. Had a Letter envelope coming home from the US with two bank letters and two debit cards inside. Received a telegram from Correo Argentino saying I have to fill in a declaration on AFIP's website for which I need a clave fiscal nivel 3 at least, Which I don't have but I can get at AFIP going there in person (mine is in Boulogne, ouch!). Then I will have to pay 120 ARS to Correo for handling (oh thanks, I already paid less than that to USPS to send it from Florida to here, so it really does make sense that it costs more to send it from wherever they keep it hostage to Capital!).

I don't really have time to go to Boulogne but I will have to. Congrats bAnanas!

This is the kind of thing that Macri could solve with the stroke of a pen. Abolish the absurd bureaucracy, or at least have someone on top determined to streamline the process.

I cannot possibly imagine how someone trying to create the impression of a "normal" country can have something as basic as mail so lopsided.

And remember, this situation is entirely of the new government's making. This was supposed to be the new mail regime, way better than the old one.

I suppose that some mail getting through in a haphazard way is better than nothing, but even that is not necessarily true. Often enough, a clear "no" is better than hit-and-miss-uncertainly.

This is the kind of thing that Macri could solve with the stroke of a pen. Abolish the absurd bureaucracy, or at least have someone on top determined to streamline the process.

I cannot possibly imagine how someone trying to create the impression of a "normal" country can have something as basic as mail so lopsided.

And remember, this situation is entirely of the new government's making. This was supposed to be the new mail regime, way better than the old one.

I suppose that some mail getting through in a haphazard way is better than nothing, but even that is not necessarily true. Often enough, a clear "no" is better than hit-and-miss-uncertainly.

I am willing to pay the 120 ARS but not to waste hours to be able to receive my mail (which involves a trip to AFIP, time to go pay the 120 ARS in a kiosk or wherever I should go, wait for the letter to be actually delivered to me). If I have to pay at least make it as smooth as possible. This is just sadism!

Very interesting. Last week I received a letter envelope containing the renewal of my American driver's license as well as a debit card. I had my daughter mark the envelope in the lower left hand corner as business documents. I had it in the mail here directly to my apartment in 9 calendar days. No interference from anyone in the Argentine bureaucracy. I received the same type of envelope about a year ago. No issues whatsoever.

Very interesting. Last week I received a letter envelope containing the renewal of my American driver's license as well as a debit card. I had my daughter mark the envelope in the lower left hand corner as business documents. I had it in the mail here directly to my apartment in 9 calendar days. No interference from anyone in the Argentine bureaucracy. I received the same type of envelope about a year ago. No issues whatsoever.

I used a mailing forward system and asked them to use the smallest and flattest possible envelope, as Correo is terrible. They said 'sure, no problem, it's just 2 letters anyway' and here I am. My AFIP office is 1 hour by bus from where I live in San Isidro, and it is NOT in a nice area. I swore myself to severest foot in that area never again, last time I was just so scared.
I hate all this.

I received my credit card last week directly at my door with a DHL messenger. It arrived in a couple of days from Canada.

I used a mailing forward system and asked them to use the smallest and flattest possible envelope, as Correo is terrible. They said 'sure, no problem, it's just 2 letters anyway' and here I am. My AFIP office is 1 hour by bus from where I live in San Isidro, and it is NOT in a nice area. I swore myself to severest foot in that area never again, last time I was just so scared.
I hate all this.

Sorry they decided to pick on you. I think it's luck-of-the draw what slides by and what doesn't. :-(

Sorry they decided to pick on you. I think it's luck-of-the draw what slides by and what doesn't. :-(

Exactly. That's the definition of a broken system. It needs to be scrapped and replaced with one that does not depend on the capricho/capriciousness of the employee at the given moment.

You're taking a bunch of morons and giving them way more power than they should have. What could possibly go wrong?

Back