mini said:
Hi Thomas, I think you're late.....

Of course he wanted to say 2011!

Welcome in advance, Thomas!
I'm porteño but I'll be expat in other country since January

Saludos!

Kevwillhunting said:
Hey Thomas

I have been here a month and it would be wicked to catch up with a fellow British person!
where are you from Kev?

I would change your mind about living here, I am here because my wife is stationed here, read the recents posts on the EX presidents death. Crime and inflation are high and give it a little more time and I believe Argentina will go down in flames. Cannot wait to leave in about a year.

Red & Lady Mink said:
I would change your mind about living here, I am here because my wife is stationed here, read the recents posts on the EX presidents death. Crime and inflation are high and give it a little more time and I believe Argentina will go down in flames. Cannot wait to leave in about a year.
bueno chau:rolleyes:

Hola Thomas,

Welcome to BA! You will love it here. The Argentine people are very friendly and the city is full of life. You can go out to dinner here for a fraction of the cost in the US or UK. There are many things happening in the city every evening.

This is our 4th time coming back to Argentina (we are from Washington DC) and we are staying 8 months this time. Our friends are a great mix of Argentines and Expats.

If you have any specific questions, e-mail me.

Saludos,
Bill

www.MidlifeHappiness.com

Hi there Thomas!!
I am new to this and coming to BA on the 16th Jan. I live in Oxford, 28 and a teach here. I am moving over to BAfor 5-8 weeks, really nervous also as I am going on my own, female and never done a'thing like this before!! I am going over to do volunteering work in BA. If you want to meet up before to discuss, or meet over there that would be great.

Sarah

ghost said:
Thomas
I hope you made many trips to BA before deciding to relocate permanently. Otherwise it will be a hard landing.

It may be and it may be not that hard. I came for the first time for half a year 2 years ago and now I´m back. I am really fascinated. May be my previous expatting (btw: in London) and globetrotting experience as well coming from Eastern Europe helped me a lot.

For Thomas: welcome to BsAs, as for me this is really a great and very friendly city if you are on the same wave as it is. According to "I hear that BA is the city to beat all cities when it comes to culture, lifestyle and partying. "... well I don't think it would beet London on culture (but you by no means will suffer from cultural abstinence here, especially when you catch up some Spanish), but for lifestyle and partying I would strongly agree.

Suerte y nos vemos pronto,
Arturo

Red & Lady Mink said:

so sad both for you, me and all of BsAs residents that you cannot leave earlier with this kind of attitude;-)

Back