here come larger peso notes

Given the buying power of a peso, I don't see how it would make sense NOT TO issue 5K peso notes. And I would argue that the government should issue 10K notes soon thereafter. If not, people are going to need a wallet that is designed like a backpack!

If larger notes are issued, I doubt there will be many of them.

The government wants to force people to "bancarizarse" - do everything through banks - the better to tax every stray peso they manage to save. One way to achieve this is to make paying with cash as inconvenient as possible, which includes not issuing large bills.

Last edited:
The government wants to force people to "bancarizarse" - do everything through banks - the better to tax every stray peso they manage to save. One way to achieve this is to make paying with cash as inconvenient as possible, which includes not issuing large bills.
It's not happening!! I don't hear complaints from retirees, allowance recipients, etc. about having to stand in long lines to get their cash in hand no matter what is the denomination. This administration and the previous one have tried to entice, push, cajole persons to open free savings accounts and use debit cards. It has been illegal for stores to advertise discounts if paid in cash yet many stores have been posting such signs on their display windows even before the pandemic.

Last edited:
If larger notes are issued, I doubt there will be many of them.

That's a good, agreeable point ON THE BRINK.

A government such as Argentina will be forcing it's people to bring a lot of physical paper and metal (Bank notes & coins) to the store to buy a simple loaf of bread. That is what we are heading towards without larger denomination bank notes.

E9380F21-B898-47BE-BDE9-671BB1DF1C63.jpeg
A design has surfaced with the worst kind of animalito.

A self-confessed Hitler fan and Nazi sympathizer who was General Peron’s health minister. Pero, he dropped the whole fascist / eugenics / cure homosexuality in concentration camp experiment roots thing after it lost the war and became “progressive” instead, so it’s cool apparently.

Last edited:
View attachment 6943

A self-confessed Hitler fan and Nazi sympathizer who was General Peron’s health minister. Pero, he dropped the whole fascist / eugenics / cure homosexuality in concentration camp experiment roots thing after it lost the war and became “progressive” instead, so it’s cool apparently.
A better choice would be the face of Dr. Cecilia Grierson along side that of Dr. Rene Favaloro.

View attachment 6943

"But the Delegación de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas, an umbrella group of Jewish organizations in the country, issued a lukewarm response, saying only that as long as the decision had not been officially released, they would would wait before commenting on the issue. "

A calm and reasonable response from DAIA, given that this is probably fake news. I'm not criticizing antipodean for posting it, just saying that it has the suspicious odor of the usual Argentine information warfare nonsense.

Look again at the picture, and note that it has none of the usual security features. Compare it to an actual 1000 peso note, and you'll see what I mean. I don't believe this is real at all.

Back