here come larger peso notes

After further reading, I must admit I could be wrong about this. The picture above is cropped. There is a pic here-
-of a more credible version which negates my point about lack of security features. And Pagina12 is defending the reputation of Carrillo. OTOH the article I linked there mentions that Alberto has denied it. I suppose I shall just have to follow the lead of DAIA and wait to see.

Because Argentina

I don’t think there are valid accusations of antisemitism per se.

Unfortunately it is a real proposal. Last week his family lobbied DAIA to “clear his name” and mentioned this note idea.

Does not change the fact he was a Nazi fan who promoted eugenics and helped war criminals and human rights abusers seek refuge in Argentina giving them jobs in the government. Unfortunately there are some hardline peronists in this government and society who think no Peronist can ever be wrong. Instead of diving society with shady political figures, they should seek to go apolitical and unify it and put a Patagonian fox on the note instead!

This is the history

I don’t think there are valid accusations of antisemitism per se.

Unfortunately it is a real proposal. Last week his family lobbied DAIA to “clear his name” and mentioned this note idea.

Does not change the fact he was a Nazi fan who promoted eugenics and helped war criminals and human rights abusers seek refuge in Argentina giving them jobs in the government. Unfortunately there are some hardline peronists in this government and society who think no Peronist can ever be wrong. Instead of diving society with shady political figures, they should seek to go apolitical and unify it and put a Patagonian fox on the note instead!

This is the history

A most reasonable and well-considered response, thank you.

AS far as Carrillo, I have to believe in the possibility of redemption. If he was sincerely repentant and worked to do good, as a balance to the ill he had done, then I am obligated to forgive him. But I agree he should not be celebrated.

A Patagonian fox, eh? Are the women of Patagonia considered particularly good-looking?

Back