Hi Everybody!!

Irishche

Registered
Hi I'm joe, How is everybody?? :)

I'm moving to buenos aires in september, I'm in Ireland at the moment with my girlfriend, she is from Glew in Buenos Aires. She is heading back to BA on August 1st and I'll be following in september. I'm hoping to be teaching English and I'm pretty sure I have a job sorted for when I arrive. I'm sorting out my 6 month working holiday visa now because I've heard that it can be awkward doing it there.

The plan is for Claudia to find an apartment for us before I arrive so we can move straight in, we're looking for a 6 month lease in a cheap 1 bedroom apartment or large studio in the Lanus area or anywhere with good transportation and reasonable rent.

If anyone knows any good websites or classifieds that have reasonably priced rentals it would help us a lot.

Cheers

search here... http://capitalfederal-gba.olx.com.ar/
http://www.zonaprop.com.ar/ is the best site to search...

Here is a problem that is called "Garantia" which is pain in the neck... no matter what... if you don't know: for renting an apartment or what ever, someone has to give guarantee on your behalf guarantee in shape of documents of property (which suppose to be in good specs) then that person will have to go with you to sign the documents with you... well if you don't know anyone here who has his personal property I suppose you will have lots of problem finding a place, however if you are lucky enough you might find something without presenting guarantee docs. There are properties have which are furnished and doesn't required any guarantia are very very expensive, but then again it's up to your state, if you can afford it.

Why in the world would you want to move to the lanus area? Trust me there will be plenty culture shock just moving to BA no need to go searching for more in Zona Sur. This is a bad idea! try Palermo, recoleta , retiro, belgrano, Nunez colegiales, Villa Crespo, san Telmo, Saavedra, Villa del parque, or even ALMAGRO!!

Come to the city first try it out before moving to the province. Trust me Lanús is not safe, it's kind of ugly and depressing it is FAR away from everything you'll want to do, you'll have a harder time (than even the rest of us) finding basic goods that you're accustomed to. Seriously.

I live in zona sur. I have been to Lanus a couple times and I wouldn't say the part I saw was ugly or unsafe - typical conurbano town - quiet, but as PhillipDT stated, there's nothing much to do out here compared to Capital. I would concur that culture shock will be greater unless you are really used to staying home, hanging out with friends, and not going out to do much of anything. It's also more difficult to manage things in the conurbano - it takes longer to learn to get around, harder to find things, more difficult to find suitable work, etc. I suppose you are choosing Lanus in order to have a reasonable train commute into town and out to your gf's family out in Glew? It kind of works like that, but if you are depending on public transportation, commuting into Capital will take some time, and is very crowded at rush hour - not much fun. I hardly ever go to Capital any more and I do miss it. If you want to get out and enjoy the excitement and culture of Buenos Aires - Capital Federal would be a nice place to start. I lived there in Monserrat for almost 2 years before I moved out here, and it really is night and day a different experience which I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on. But if the quiet life suits you, you can certainly chill in Lanus with your gf in Lanus without any drama.

Hey Guys, Sorry for the majorly delayed response!!! I´m in a nice apartment in San Telmo on Avenida Belgrano near Puerto Madero. Owner direct and she´s taking Dollar blue so the rent is only about 400us with all bills included!!!!! I've been here about 5 weeks and love the área. I turned down the job I was offered because the salarly was half of what i was told! All is good at the momento and loving BA!

Back