Hi, I'm Mauricio

cocteauuk

Registered
Hello, I'm new around here. My name is Mauricio, I'll be moving to Cordoba capital from London in march 2010 with my wife and little son.

Still sorting out stuff like visas and my business (freelance web designer) and things like how to withdraw money in Argentina without paying too much.

Are there any english speakers in Cordoba? My mother tongue is spanish, I was born in Colombia but lived in the UK for 15 years. So if anyone needs help with spanish in Cordoba let me know.

Thanks

Hey Mauricio!
I'm in Cordoba Capital and have been here for 4 months now with my Argentine hubby.
There's not tooooo many English speakers here, but we're around.
If you're on facebook, we have an expat group page for Cordoba and sometimes we get together- there's even some Londoners here!
Let me know if you have any specific questions about your move!
Talk to you soon!

cocteauuk said:
... how to withdraw money in Argentina without paying too much.

I use the local ATMs to withdraw money from my US bank. The charge is a flat 1%, which is not too bad.

Sara

SaraSara said:
I use the local ATMs to withdraw money from my US bank. The charge is a flat 1%, which is not too bad.

That really depends on your bank. My regional bank account charges $1.50 per transaciton, and gives me market rates on exchanges. My Bank of America charges 3% and gives horrible rates on conversion and doesn't comp the local fees.

There is no real good inexpensive way, guaranteed to work for all at all times, to get money cheaply into Argentina.

Hey Mauricio-
You should PM me your email address because I have friends here (who aren't on this forum) who are Brits living here and working as freelance web designers as well. They said they're interested in talking with you!
chau!

Back