Hi There, Arriving Soon

If you like Mexican food spices such as taco seasoning that has been impossible for me to find for me down here. Pancake mix such as Bisquick seems to also be non existent. OTC such as DayQuil, NyQuil, and sinus medication is a good idea to bring. Apartment buildings seem to run pretty warm and you typically don't have control of the heat in the apartment so either your left opening the windows or when it gets bad you turn on A/C that have filters that haven't been cleaned in ages. In the short time I have been here, I've had a two colds and one that turned into a sinus infection I think because of this.
Other things that are expensive here are sunscreen since it sounds like you will be here for the coming summer.

As far as dress, August will still be winter and I see ladies wearing darker colored clothing. Jeans and dark colored pants tucked into tall boots seem very popular. As well as a scarf around the neck.

As prepared as you sound you may be aware but although you are getting paid in US dollars and have a US account, you will not be able to debit your account and receive US dollars in Argentina. When you debit your account you will be given your US dollars converted into pesos at the very low official rate. In which case you may plan some side trips to Uruguay to access your US funds with your debit card. Or as in my case, have someone that you trust that comes to visit you withdrawal funds to bring to you in Argentina.

Enjoy the adventure!

Back