Hi There

Was originally planned to mix South American street food with American BBQ & put it all together with Sout East Asian herbs/spices...one of my soft tacos involves 6 hour slow cooked double muscle beef rib..add to that my coleslaw which has cabbage, carrot, coriander & Granny Smith apple which is mixed with Japanese mayo ( kewpey ) which is a wonderfully light mayonnaise. With this I have guacamole & cucumber salsa..I use a lot of chipotle with my ribs so nice & spicey. I think these kind of dishes would be a hit with expats but so so with the locals. But that is where most fail...they try to please everybody. Just aim at a smaller part of the market & do it exceptionally well. So we are thinking just maybe????

you had me at slow cooked rib.

you could aim at a smaller market or maybe do a travelling food truck, and travellers/expats can track you- though driving anything here is no bueno.

If you could carry all that goodness and hit the san telmo/recoleta/plaza serrano markets maybe...

id be happy with some funky empanadas or anything with garlic.

Yes always start small & let your customers guide your services/products.

Was originally planned to mix South American street food with American BBQ & put it all together with Sout East Asian herbs/spices...one of my soft tacos involves 6 hour slow cooked double muscle beef rib..add to that my coleslaw which has cabbage, carrot, coriander & Granny Smith apple which is mixed with Japanese mayo ( kewpey ) which is a wonderfully light mayonnaise. With this I have guacamole & cucumber salsa..I use a lot of chipotle with my ribs so nice & spicey. I think these kind of dishes would be a hit with expats but so so with the locals. But that is where most fail...they try to please everybody. Just aim at a smaller part of the market & do it exceptionally well. So we are thinking just maybe????

Hey you can come at cook dinner at home anytime!

good point- there are these over-rated biscuits in portland oregon that the guy started selling out of a basket at a farmer's market, and now runs two hugely popular biscuit only restaurants...

i don think argies will be into all those crazy food combos and a lot of travellers are here to gorge on meat so you are really banking on the expat population...

Yes well Gordi I came here to gorge on meat and was a little taken a back by what was on offer. There is only so many ways you can have meat until you need to mix it up a little...went to a closed door with Chef Mun & it was good...not awesome but good & he was mixing it up a little. Still don't know what we are going to do yet...just want to have a really good look around at what is on offer & what is working. According to the stats Parilla's are closing at a rate of 80 pa & pizza places are taking their place at a greater rate cause of the overheads involved. Closed door is a huge phenomenon here in BA that so many people aren't aware of that I question.

Oh please, stop! You're making my mouth water just reading this!

i know of closed door, just can't afford it.

i wish you had gotten here ten years ago, i would begged you to make a decent bagel, not that i have tried the many i have heard about.

i kinda think empanadas could make big bucks in english speaking countries- doughnuts are huge, churros are starting to go big, fried pies, yep, so why not empanadas. i had a friend who tried to bring acai tigella (which i dream about) to the states, but it just didnt taste as good because the guarana that it is in the brazlian version is not importable by the us government. anyways, the 'bring empanadas to english speaking' countries may defeat your intention of staying here...i think healthy fast food is really the main trend i see now- and maybe food by the kilo, shit, i take a bus from palermo to caballito a few times a week just to get my Cle takeaway, and it's not even good.

having said that, and i know the parilla can get old, but give me some crispy, burnt mollejas any night with some malbec and im in. maybe i love me my parilla cause ive been vegan for years but the whole pizza influx has to be about Kentucky being secretly owned by mcdonalds (an unproven claim) and pizza being cheap as shit. but if you need any taste testers, no one better than a gordita

Back