Higher-end toy store?

nledec

Registered
I'm looking for something other than the typical Cebra or Mundo de Juguetes. Maybe some nice small boutique in Palermos or San Isidro??? My primary goal is something that sells nice stuffed animals and some wooden toys.
Any tips?

El Gato Con Bote in Belgrano R - Echeverria & Conde - across from the KEL's bookstore - great area for a Sunday stroll as well

I don't know about stuffed animals, but they do sell a lot of wooden toys - my children love it.

http://www.elgatoconbote.com/

Sopa de Principe -- in Thames at about El Salvador -- has handmade monsters and sock monkey types of stuffed animals.

I believe Imaginarium (various locations) has wooden toys.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know how the prices of toys compare to US prices? Thanks!

More than twice.

You can find the same brands as in the USA but you'll pay about 3x the price for the same item. Bring as much as you can with you, especially if your kids are very young. Amazon delivers books here but no other items, so getting things like toys shipped is more difficult (and rather costly).

BAwithkids said:
Oh dear...

I've got 3 young kids. The worst part about the toy prices is the constant birthday parties. For us it is at least once or twice a week. My wife and I figured out that we've had to navigate about 40 birthday parties in the span of the 8 or 9 months we've been here now. It is unreal. We've now settled on buying books instead.

Granted, we didn't have to accept every invitation, but we felt we should in order to help our kids make friends. And I'm now noticing more joint birthday parties than just a few months ago, where 2 or 3 kids are celebrating together. This doesn't do anything for the number of presents we need to buy, though.

I know, birthday parties here -- for kids, and adults too -- are out of control.

Just thank your lucky stars you're no ones Godparent -- otherwise your gifts would have to be above and beyond everyone elses, you'd foot the bill for the baptism, and pretty much any other major occasion in life (assuming you were from a family that takes it seriously, and believe me I've known some) -- first day of school? Godfather pays for all the supplies, uniform etc... thank god my sister-in-law picked the other brother to do the duty... we're not religious but we're planning on calling him as a joke and saying Congratulations! you're the godfather for ours too -- we're having a baptismal party for 150.... hope that's not a problem! hahaha

Back