Hillary Rodham Clinton Next President Of The United States.

FYI :Google from the Washington Post on March 15,'16.
" It's not just Trump.Authoritarian populism is rising across the West".

Camberiu:
1) First of all, most if not all populisms are unique.
Yes, they all have some unique favoring, but share many common characteristics. We are all humans after all, and we all respond to the same stimulus more or less the same. Sales techniques and populist techniques work just the same across different borders and languages. A quick review here on the common characteristics of populism.

2) Most US people living in Argentina have some idea on Peron and what he did.However,I don't think they would have "a very good handle" on it.
Still 1000 times better handle than they would have on Vargas, which was who you wanted me to refer to, for some reason.

3) Vargas and Peron were very similar.you come out with both some very sensational and also some very informarative material.As you are Brazilian and in my view, a very good student of Latin American "caudillismo-----omnipotent leaders".Pray tell,what is your take on Getulio Vargas?

By saying that they were very similar, I think you just contradicted your statement #1. Yes, they were very similar. Both were autocratic, authoritarians, used the feelings nativism, xenofobia and demoagogery to enhance their grip on power. Peron was much more charismatic and likable than Getulio. Getulio was more pragmatic and had a much better understanding of global geo-politics than Peron. As an example, Getulio figured out early on that Brazil would be much better off siding with the Allies, while Peron opted for a neutral (covertly friendly) relation with the Axis powers. As a reward for Brazil's help during the war, the US paid for and build the most advanced and efficient steel mill in the world at the time, in Volta Redonda, state of Rio de Janeiro. This kick started the process, engineered by Getulio, of the economic, technological and industrial leap frogging of Brazil over Argentina, which eventually turned Brazil into the uncontested leader in the region.

Ms. Trump didn't Plagiarize the Speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1wctQNKRMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1wctQNKRM

All politics is faked, staged and plagiarized.

:lol: <_<
It's like Political Clip-Art... not one original idea among them [politicians]. They are all cut from the same cloth no matter what side they claim to represent.

But we already knew that no?

No doubt that this is all a game of social marketing, but we are all so prone to be swayed by a feel-good speech. Then comes the post-campaign hangover: 4 more years of regret.

Camberiu;
1) Many thanks for answering my question 3 perfectly.I knew that you wouldn't disappoint.The last sentence," This kicked stated the process.........which eventually turned Brazil into the uncontested leader in the region".is exactly what happened. What I never understood is why Getulio shot himself.
2) I wasn't contradicting myself.I just should have been clearer.As you said,",they all have unique flavoring but share many common characteristics".
3) My reason for asking the question was to emphasize the Spanish refrain,"En todas partes se cuecen habas"------They cook beans all over".
Maybe at different times in a country's history than in others.While in some countries the reults are better than in others.
Also Trump hasn't been elected yet.Let's not open our umbrellas before it begins to rain.

We have Donald Trump because both the Democratic and Republican parties have moved to the extreme. There are a lot of people in the US who now feel disenfranchised and Trump has tapped into that anger. He gets away with it because people feel like they have not been heard. Now they have a voice. That, combined with the blatant abuse of Executive Powers, among other things, by Obama has created a platform for a guy like Trump, as embarrassing as he is.

Having said that, the much more important conversation is the composition and future of the Supreme Court.

Obama's Brother will vote for Trump..!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/24/obamas-half-brother-says-hes-voting-for-donald-trump.html

...That, combined with the blatant abuse of Executive Powers, among other things, by Obama...

Just curious - are you referring specifically to the Executive Orders issued? If so, I'd like your (and others') take on an alternative. How is a President is supposed to deal with a Congress, controlled by the other party, who happens to be so petulant they insure that nothing gets done.

Agree on your SCOTUS comment, and feel compelled to point out the Republicans' current childishness (churlishness?) over the nomination process.

Back