Hiring A Chef

Liveinbaa

Registered
I'm interested in informally hiring someone to cook dinner a few times a week at our home in Palermo for my me and wife who is pregnant as neither of particularly likes to cook, and going out can seem like an ordeal at the end of a long day of work. We also would like to have our fridge stocked with more some fresh prepared food if it was possible. Does anyone know anyone who might be interested in this kind of work? The focus would be on a healthy and diverse menu, though we'd consider someone with any kind of background who was interested.

Maybe you could do a food delivery service? I assume it would be cheaper than hiring a chef.

Cocina Verde does vegetarian delivery once per week and I hear they are good.

Are you looking for a chef or more of a "woman who cooks"? There are services where you can hire a chef or you can get more of like an empleada who can make some meals.

I am a chef, but I have never tired to be a private cook :)) should be interesting just I would like to know what is your expectation ? I'am able to cook healthy staff mostly mediterranean or asian food. thank you

Hi! Just wondering if you've had any luck with this? We're potentially looking for the same thing. What is the going rate for a private chef here in BA?

I'm interested in informally hiring someone to cook dinner a few times a week at our home in Palermo for my me and wife who is pregnant as neither of particularly likes to cook, and going out can seem like an ordeal at the end of a long day of work. We also would like to have our fridge stocked with more some fresh prepared food if it was possible. Does anyone know anyone who might be interested in this kind of work? The focus would be on a healthy and diverse menu, though we'd consider someone with any kind of background who was interested.

Wow what has the world come to...

My wife never cooks anyway but then again I am a chef. A little hint.. look a for a good cleaning lady that can cook I had friends in BA that had cleaning ladies that could cook and prep very good meals and stock the fridge at the same time. Sure they cooked the local traditional stuff but they cooked it damn good and did the shopping and everything else.

I agree with Vagabundo's post above. This strategy works better than hiring a chef. A chef comes with lot of attitude and expecting a higher salary and lot of hassles. While a cleaning lady does not expect some extra salary for cooking. Just pay her hourly rate and get the work done. It has worked very well for me. Have tried hiring chefs..its a disaster!

I have a great friend who was a chef at Panaderia de Pablo in san telmo. The greatest thing I ever did was take him on as a roommate last year.

He's finishing a private chef gig in punta del este, but if you pm your email, I can pass it along!

Hi! Just wondering if you've had any luck with this? We're potentially looking for the same thing. What is the going rate for a private chef here in BA?

Hi there

Are you still looking?

I am a passionate cook and I am actually thinking to start a business in the culinary industry further down the line.

I have worked as a private chef a few years ago in Geneva a few summers ago.

I am of Indian origin (though born and bred in london) so my specialities are Indian...and Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Chinese, Thai...though I experiment a lot with different ingredients. I am a vegetarian myself but I do not mind cooking meet produce.

Anyway, if you want to talk further, please send me an email.

I live in the Barrio Norte/Recoleta area and I am completely flexible with the time of day and hours.

my email is [email protected]

Reshma

Back