Hiring A Pa. Compensation Etc.

I don't think long term PAs are making 25-35K a month in pesos. But for a short-term assignment, that's a totally different pay scale.

Oh and the teachers salary is really that? That's an absolute disgrace and speaks to why there is such a huge problem with education in this country. (Is that for teaching a full day? Or do the teachers work the 1/2 day and then change teachers for the 2nd shift at schools? Genuine ?, I really have no idea).

Citygirl is right, a base month salary is different than work per hour. If you want a full time person, for $6000 to $10000 per month you should get someone pretty good (remember, here you pay travel costs apart normally).

Not that much of a joke. Hourly wage for a base level cleaning lady is 25 pesos. To find a very competent PA who can do all of the things mentioned above and for what is presumably a shorter term assignment = high salary. Language teachers are charging $100+ pesos an hour so $150 pesos an hour for a PA to handle all the details mentioned above - very possible.

Lets just agree to disagree

Surely the most important element here is trust.
From what I can gather reading the original post, the bloke is going to be new in town.

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

In order to show my gratitude. If there is anything that you may require, but are unable to get in Argentina, as long as it is not cumbersome and can be sourced in the shopping mall here, I'll be happy to bring it for you.

Let me know

Standby, the maple syrup requests are about to come....the North American expats will take your hand off for that I suspect.

Seriously, if you are coming with kids and they have certain favourite/cannot live without food, buy in bulk and slowly ween them off it because you cannot get everything you can in US supermarkets down here,

If you have kids you might find that the ice cream varieties and quality available will make the weaning off process easier. Works for the adults with acclimatization stress too ;)

Back