Hit and run

citygirl

Registered
So yesterday, I was driving on the highway. Due to construction, there was a point where 3 lanes merged into one. I was at a full stop while waiting to merge and a commercial truck drove too close and broke off my right side mirror. The driver knew he did it and just shrugged and kept driving as I was yelling at him to stop. I then drove along side him and he basically told me to f#*# off and laughed about it.

The cops (multiple) standing a few meters away just shrugged when I asked them to stop the truck and told me there was nothing they would do and just to write down the truck's license plate number.

Rant about how useless they were aside, anyone know where I should go to find out to whom the truck is registered? Commercial truck but the only name on the side of it was the truck manufacturer (googled it).

It's probably not even worth it to do it but I'm so infuriated and hate the idea of the truck driver getting away with it.

Citygirl, I am furious just reading about your story. I would go the policia federal main building, Virrey Cevallos 362, (Av. Belgrano) and file a complaint. Unfortunately in Argentina it's a national pastime to crap on the guy next to you and then spit on them if they complain. I see it happen every day, it's happened to me and it's infuriating as you say.

I would also contact your own insurance company and let them know what happened. They surely have access to the databases that link license plates to vehicles / owners. Good luck!

Davidglen77 said:
I would also contact your own insurance company and let them know what happened. They surely have access to the databases that link license plates to vehicles / owners. Good luck!
Definitely and if anybody is motivated to find the responsible party its your insurer.

Sorry for your loss, Citygirl. Probably the guy just did not get you getting upset about it.
Most likely he just thought 'wtf, who needs sideview mirrors anyways..?' ;-)

Unfortunately this is very common. Happened to me as well already a couple of times - not only in Argentina....

maybe time to get a dashcam?

Argentina could be the new Russia in youtube dashcam escapades!

Then again you would probably lose in court as you filmed them without their permission!

You are wasting your time, city girl.

Just carry on with your life.

Haha I love it.

I have been contemplating buying a car now for 6 months. But when I go for coffee everyday and I see how these f@@$$%rs park ( like a pinball game ) it puts me off.

This is the reason to get full coverage insurance with no deductible. Then it's someone else's problem.

Back