Hola a todas!

bexy82

Registered
Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Buenos Aires at the end of February 2012 so would like to introduce myself. I am British and currently working as an English teacher in Goa. It has been my dream for a while to teach to BA so am finally taking the plunge! VERY excited.

Would be great to make some contacts before I arrive.

Gracias,

Becky

Hi Becky,
Welcome in advance. My husband and I came directly from Bangalore. Its a big change from India.
Cheers,
K

Welcome to BA Becky, I may have to use your services according to some of the folks here. Anyway, where are you from? you said British but where? England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Bangalore, Fiji, Samoa, hope not from the Falklands. :D

Hehehe, no, not from the Falklands! I'm English. From the outskirts of London. As I said in my original post I am currently working as an English teacher in Goa (have been since October) and I'm leaving India in about 5 weeks. Before coming to Goa I was teaching in Barcelona for 9 months. After leaving Barcelona my original plan was to go to Buenos Aires but kinda randomly ended up here! It's been a good experience but I miss city life!
I'm sure BA will give me plenty of what I've been missing in buckets loads!

There are lots of questions I want to ask but I wont bombard you all straight away ;)

bexy82 said:
Hehehe, no, not from the Falklands! I'm English. From the outskirts of London.....

There are lots of questions I want to ask but I wont bombard you all straight away ;)

No worries Becky, we can live with that, aim and shoot when you're ready.....here everyone is ready to shoot back, metaphorically speaking of course...:p

Hehehe, ok!

Happy new year to all, by the way! Hope you all had a good 'un.

So, my first question. What is the best area to live in? I want a somewhere that is not too far away from the 'action' but also safe, and not too touristy. I don't know if any of you know Barcelona but when I lived there I lived in Grácia and Eixample so a BsAs kind of equivalent would be good.

Any advice or a quick lowdown on the main areas would be top-banana!

Thank yooooooooooou!

Hi Becky.
We get there mid Feb and are really interested in the same question......where to live? I know we have to live really central because my husband will be working there but its a bit scary if I get it totally wrong.
I know absolutely no one there and haven't even got the language. I think we should just book into a hotel and sort it out when we get there.
Anyway good luck with your move and please get in contact for a drink. Rx

Back