Hola BA - New in town!

BACaitlan

Registered
Hi all,

My boyfriend, Aaron, and I just moved to BA about two weeks ago from Chicago (we're both in our mid-20s). We're doing our best to pick up Spanish quickly, but right now we have the speaking abilities of a five year old so we aren't expecting to make Porteno friends just yet...

We're interested in meeting people from all over the world, but only speak English. I saw someone list a few expat bars (El Alamo, Sugar, etc) and we'll definitely check those out, but let me know if you're interested in meeting up for coffee or a drink. Any expat events coming up for us to attend?

Thanks!
Caitlan

kikedeolivos

Registered
arty said:
the summers can be brutal too!
Not as bad as Houston...
Chicago & Lake Michigan in summer, IMHO, are a pleasure. Wish we have that lake and beaches instead of el Rio de la Plata...(Argentinean side)

jjessica

Registered
Lived most of my life in Chicago, Lincoln Park area, and I've been here for a couple months. What are you guys up to this coming weekend? We can meet for a drink or something.

Let me know!
Jessica

Jimmy Zazo

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm from the south suburbs, near Joliet. I've been in Latin America for over a year and in BA for over a month. I'd love to help out some fellow Chicagoans get accustomed to speaking Spanish. I speak it fluently and my girlfriend is from Ecuador. Let me know if you'd like to meet up sometime.

--Jim

paradox

Registered
i'm a mid 20's recent arrival from australia with limited spanish and staying in recoleta. happy to catch up - missed the last meetup so looking forward to meet others in similar circumstances.

jjessica

Registered
Seems like there are quite a few Chicagoans out there!

I say we try putting together a Chicagoans Night...
How about Wednesday October 14, 21:00, Gran Bar Danzon, Libertad (close to Santa Fe)?

Jessica