Hola from a newcomer!

naguinetree

Registered
Hi all!

I just moved to Buenos Aires from New York (Brooklyn!) to work at a dance and acrobatics school.

Just looking to make some friends, I speak English and Spanish, want to learn Portuguese.

I dance, practice yoga, and play capoeira...any suggestions for places to go in Buenos Aires for these activities?

And I love food! And music! If anyone has recommendations for restaurants and concerts, I'm all ears! And if anyone wants to join me for any of these things, I'm open!

Thanks! I'm excited to be here!

Naguine

Welcome! Take a look around. There are some get togethers every few weeks. Have fun!

Hey Naguine,
I'm also new here.
I love food and concerts too!! We can arrange to go to some concerts together as there are lots of concerts going on this month and next month in Bs As and I'm looking for a person to join me xD.

Kami

Alright, another fellow Brooklynite! I moved to BA from Prospect Heights in July.

Now, the important question is: do you *teach* capoeira? I've always wanted to learn :)

Ha Ha Hi all!

Yeah yeah I am more or less an intern at a dance and acro school (aerial silks dancing, juggling, floor acrobatics, contemporary dance) in Villa Urquiza called La Instalacción. It's awesome y llena de buena gente, if you're interested you should definitely check it out!

As far as Capoeira goes, no I'm a beginner but I'm looking for a group to join, I heard of one in Villa Urquiza I will investigate and also this cool artistic/gardening space called Huerta Orgazmika in Caballito has classes, not sure how those work though but anyone interested in joining me on an adventure to check it out this coming week, the class is Thursday at noon...

And yes to concerts! How do we get in touch? I can give you my email, I'm getting a cell tomorrow....

okay chicas nos vemos! Yay to new friends!

did anyone figure out a good yoga place in Palermo?

I do Capoeira with a group called Abada. The technique is very good!!! maybe you can check it out on facebook --> Abada Argentina

Back