Hola from Aussie

Hi Nounou,

Argentina is hosting the second Rugby Championship (Aus, NZ, Arg & Springbox) this time next year - you should make a second trip!

That sounds good Inzogud. I've worked out the time difference to 11 hours. Given my current schedule with work etc I won't be able to skype until next Saturday evening (my time). If I can get my head around this site I'll pm you with my skype details. So watch this space...as they say :)

Good news about the football season, I've timed things to perfection lol.

Hi RAus. Nice to meet you too. Actually the Wallabies nearly came a cropper last night, 23-19 being the final result. The Argentines have played well, and it's so nice to see the 'anglo speak' club in the southern hemisphere being finally broken with the inclusion of Argentina. I guess having Graham Henry as a coach doesn't do any harm either :)

Hey Nounou, I am from Perth as well! Youll have a ball here, I wouldnt be too stressed about your spanish, maybe try and pick up a little before you go (everything helps) but come here and enjoy!

trennod said:
Hey Nounou, I am from Perth as well! Youll have a ball here, I wouldnt be too stressed about your spanish, maybe try and pick up a little before you go (everything helps) but come here and enjoy!

Hiya trennod. Good to know there are some west Aussies over there.

I'm looking forward to the trip, not stressed at all about the lingo, I survived 2 years Jo'burg with its 12 languages, I think I'll survive 3 weeks with only one on offer :D

Nounou said:
Hiya trennod. Good to know there are some west Aussies over there.

I'm looking forward to the trip, not stressed at all about the lingo, I survived 2 years Jo'burg with its 12 languages, I think I'll survive 3 weeks with only one on offer :D

Yep, most people speak atleast a little english anyway. The first time I came for 2 weeks about 2 years ago, I knew 2 words, hola and gracias.

Hows Perth going? Hear they finally finished the new entertainment centre and that the planning is underway for the new stadium. I still dont believe it... :D

trennod said:
Yep, most people speak atleast a little english anyway. The first time I came for 2 weeks about 2 years ago, I knew 2 words, hola and gracias.

Hows Perth going? Hear they finally finished the new entertainment centre and that the planning is underway for the new stadium. I still dont believe it... :D

The new entertainment centre is finished, mind you the jury's out on the design, looks like a bizarre rubik cube :confused:. As for the new stadium, well that all depends on the state election next year. As ever the pollies are having a bun fight and now its all up in the air, as ususal :D

Oh btw, good luck to whoever you support this weekend :), that plus the royal show, its a happening place Perth...lol.

Back