Hola - London Lass trying to meet some peeps

Barbarella_in_BA

Registered
Hello all

I have recently relocated to BA from London with my hubby for his work. Although it means I get to quit the London rat race for a life of leisure, which is incredible, It also means I don't know anyone and it can get pretty lonely especially if your Spanish is as crap as mine.

I'm about to start learning Spanish intensively which is ace and I'm starting to get my bearings around town which is a bonus. Been here 3 weeks and we are here for a 3 year stint in total. I wanted to send a shout out and say hi and see who else or if anyone else was in a similar situation.

Hope to hear from peeps soon

Hi there - Yep, there are a few of us around in similar situations. Where are you based in BsAs? As this makes a difference in getting around and meeting folk, especially if you are new to the city.

Welcome to the place, and look forward to meeting you soon.

Hi Barbarella / London Lass

Im an English lass who has been here a while and is here for the long haul. People do get together from the forum so look out for the posts. If you want to meet up for a beer / coffee anytime send me a pm.

Hi, I have been here for a couple of years from NYC...feel free to give a shout...I am in Recoleta...I teach yoga and give Ayurvedic massage sessions...un beso ivy [email protected]

Hello Barberella

Welcome to BA :)

I was in London for the last 6 years and Ive been here for 4 months now...became legal just two weeks ago... still very happy that I dont need to go near that immigration office again for a while.

Anyway Im originally from Ireland and now living in Palermo and working Puerto Madero.

I cant do Open Mike night on Thurs but would be up for some drinks soon.

Enjoy the spanish classes and if you can get your hands on a book called Che Boludo its a great into to the slang here.

Take care

For those who would like to join us, a few of us are getting together on Friday night at The Gibraltar (peru 895, San Telmo), from 8 ish onwards for a few drinks. Mixed aged bunch of ex-pats, a few from England & Ireland, and other former colonies of the Brits :), and anyone else who would like to come along. Nothing fancy, just a few drinks and good craic...

Back